damaged hub cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why you'd want to save 10 bucks by buying cheapo hub caps instead of buying 1 brand new hub cap and they'd all match and look perfect. If it were me I'd put them back in the box and return them and say "they didn't fit right" and go buy a new OEM one for 40 bucks. But that's just me. If you like it that's all that matters. It's your car.

Have you seen the hub caps ford gives you? They're pretty cheap and flimsy. 40 is crazy for one hub cap. Especially when they are that cheap feeling. These look and fit fine.

2v9rh4p.jpg

These are the old ones

Really?

That seems just fine and nothing wrong with it.

But if a slightly scuffed hub cap bothers you that much, then pull all 4 of them off. I love plain steelie look
smile.gif

That is one of the good ones the damaged one is broke on the edge and one of the clips inside is broke. So I replaced all 4 with matching aftermarket caps.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Oh. I didn't know the OE ones looked like that... You're good now lol

Don't like the oe ones? Lol

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Oh. I didn't know the OE ones looked like that... You're good now lol

Don't like the oe ones? Lol
Haha looks like Ford didn't even try. The rest of the Focus looks nice though.

Are those oe ones white?

I don't know what's worse, the oe or the aftermarket, but the aftermarket is ugly.

I'd look for another nicer hubcap from another ford.

So my wife has a matrix, which she managed to hit every curb with and ruin all 4 hubcaps.

I spent a day sanding out the scratches and refinishing, but didn't like how the paint came out.

I ended up buying a set of OE replica hubcaps from hubcaps.com

They are better than the original hubcaps, much stronger. The only difference is there is no toyota logo in the center cap, just blank.

Great company, I would deal with them again. I think I paid 80 bucks and there is a coupon floating around there somewhere also.

I was "facing" the same scarred hubcaps every day for year after I bought the kitacamry that way...and rather than spend $80 for a new set, I just put that towards a "new" used set of five alloys for $250.

...they're scarred too, but more a case of degraded finish than any scratches, and on alloys, well, that doesn't hurt so bad.

When i bought the 02 saturn it had cheap aftermarket caps. On the way home 2 of the hub caps passed me as i was slowing down to turn!
I bought a used set off ebay and sanded lightly and refinished them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back