2006 toyota transmission cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, just picked up a 2006 tundra, popped the hood and it had a smaller radiator mounted in front of the original radiator, i suppose this is a tranny cooler, or is it part of the original radiator, thanks

Toyota had transmission coolers with towing packages. My 2008 Tacoma did.

Just follow the lines from the cooler and see where they go!

Originally Posted By: asand1
And its not the AC evaporator?

My first thought. A pic would be helpful.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Originally Posted By: asand1
And its not the AC evaporator?

My first thought. A pic would be helpful.

Sounds like the A/C condenser to me!
smile.gif

On most cars except Hondas, the condenser is right in front of the radiator, and it has almost as much surface area as the radiator.

You could certainly be seeing an external transmission cooler, but you may be looking at a power steering cooler.

As everyone else has said, follow the lines connected to that heat exchanger to determine if it cools the power steering fluid, or the transmission fluid.

kenwin30 - I also have 1 2006 Tundra. You have the trailer towing package, which includes a transmission cooler. On the 2006 model, it does look like a small radiator in front of (and slightly to the passenger side) of the main radiator.

Rest easy - you have the trailer towing package.

My '03 Sequoia has the same thing, tranny cooler. It also has a small metal loop lower than that which is connected up to oil filter as a "small" engine oil cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back