Anyone used Amsoil CVT fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: The Critic

I just wished that Amsoil would dye the fluid green/yellow instead of red. It would raise far fewer flags.

Why do you say the Amsoil CVT is red?

Amsoil CVT is the natural light amber, or honey colored, looking more like motor oil than ATF. Not red. This was specifically chosen because it is a universal fluid that goes into so many OEM’s therefore Amsoil choose a neutral color and avoided red so it doesn’t get confused with ATF.

BTW CVT fluid colors are all over the map, examples:

Nissan: green
Honda: pink
Subaru: blue
Ford: blue
Chrysler: green

Let me know, this is interesting. Two of you have actually seen and handled Amsoil CVT that was red?

I have not had my hands on it....I was going by what I have heard. But this is good to know....lol I wish it was green just for selfish reasons.....the neutral color makes more sense than anything though.

Im not sure. I have read on forums regarding Nissan that had warranty issues where the customer had red fluid and the warranty was automatically denied.....I know they would have to prove that the damage was from the fluid but there are many posts about this happening. The ones I remember had places that used a all for one type fluid.....nothing to do with CVT fluid! Probably jiffy lube or something like that.

Wanted to make sure that was clear. It had nothing to do with Amsoil CVT fluid. I will be putting this in mine soon.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Im not sure. I have read on forums regarding Nissan that had warranty issues where the customer had red fluid and the warranty was automatically denied.....I know they would have to prove that the damage was from the fluid but there are many posts about this happening. The ones I remember had places that used a all for one type fluid.....nothing to do with CVT fluid! Probably jiffy lube or something like that.

Some clown put ATF in and now it's Amsoil's fault!! Yikes!!!

OK just joking about Amsoil, but wow, yeah I'll bet they just but Dex ATF in.......

Originally Posted By: mcrn

Some clown put ATF in and now it's Amsoil's fault!! Yikes!!!

OK just joking about Amsoil, but wow, yeah I'll bet they just but Dex ATF in.......

lol exactly!

OK thanks. Now just down to the Critic. I wonder where he heard it?

I stand corrected on the fluid color. I thought it said red on a data sheet, but after rechecking, I must've confused it with a different aftermarket CVT fluid.

I would still be hesitant to use it, but thanks for the correction on the fluid color.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

I just wished that Amsoil would dye the fluid green/yellow instead of red. It would raise far fewer flags.

Why do you say the Amsoil CVT is red?

Amsoil CVT is the natural light amber, or honey colored, looking more like motor oil than ATF. Not red. This was specifically chosen because it is a universal fluid that goes into so many OEM’s therefore Amsoil choose a neutral color and avoided red so it doesn’t get confused with ATF.

BTW CVT fluid colors are all over the map, examples:

Nissan: green
Honda: pink
Subaru: blue
Ford: blue
Chrysler: green

Let me know, this is interesting. Two of you have actually seen and handled Amsoil CVT that was red?

subaru is also orange for their high-torque cvt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back