0w-30 Signature Series for all my vehicles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering consolidating and only stocking 1 motor oil for my 5 vehicles. 0w-30 Signature Series. Also using only Fram Ultras and OCI based on UOA. I figure this oil can do it all especially for my purposes. I know the 2012 is still under warranty for 2 more years, so I will hold off on this change until warranty is up.

All kinds of driving conditions are experienced with these vehicles. Lots of short trips, some long highway trips, sometime high RPM use as well as just ordinary driving. Sometimes the vettes sit for period of time especially over winter.

Just looking to simplify my stock of oil and possibly provide better start up protection and overall longevity.

1. 2012 Corvette GS convertible
calls for 5w-30 Dexos
2. 2007 Honda Accord 2.4
calls for 5w-20, but in other countries they run 30wt.
3. 2006 Honda Odyssey 3.5 with cylinder deactivation
calls for 0w-20 or 5w-20
4. 2003 Corvette Z06
calls for 5w-30
5. 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.9 gas
calls for 10w-30 or 5w-30

Last edited:
Should be fine for vehicles 1, 4 and 5 but it's heavier than necessary for your Honda's.
I go with a 0W-20 for the Honda's and in an Asmoil product I think either their OEZ 0W-20 or XLZ 0W-20 would be the most suitable choice although heavier than an OEM 0W-20.

It can work, but wouldn't be ideal. Perhaps consider 2 stashes, one for your domestics and one for your imports? I think the 30wts might be a little heavy for your Hondas.

As CATERHAM points out, it's heavier than necessary for the imports. However, it's not going to hurt anything. I'm assuming they're out of warranty, unlike the latest Vette. If you can make the ROI work out, I can't see there being any concern.

zfasts03 said:
So maybe stock 2:

Amsoil 0w-20 Signature Series
Amsoil 0w-30 Signature Series
[/quote
Sure but why are you interested in the more expensive SS 0W-20?
Are you planning on very long OCIs in the 15,000 mile area?
If not I think the lighter OEZ 0W-20 would be a better choice.

I'll look at the specs of OEZ 0w-20 and consider that.

Probably change intervals of 10,000 backed with UOA.

Thanks!

I would run 0W20 on the Imports and go 0W30 on the domestics. Mobil 1 5W30 offers very comparable wear protection to the Amsoil 0W30 for less than half the price. Unless you plan on running OCI of 15K. I would never run any oil/filter combo that long. 5K to 7,500K mile intervals is how long I would run anything including Amsoil.

Costco has $10.00 off per case of Mobil 1 5W30 from October 2 to October 26. That is less than $28.00 for a case of 6 quarts. No shipping costs either.

I do run the Amsoil EA15K50 oil filter with Mobil 1. I will most likely switch to the Fram Ultra filters when my stash of Amsoil filters runs out.

You could probably do 10K runs with M1 AFE and Fram Ultras and you'd spend less money than you would on SSO.
Use 0W-20 in the Hondas and 0W-30 in everything else.
OTOH, if you buy in quantity and take advantage of all available discounts, then SSO would not be terribly costly.
Pablo can hook you up.

I remember when I found this site in 2003, and recoiling in horror
upon learning that there was such a thing as 0w30 motor oil.
Now it is considered too thick
shocked.gif
for some applications ! Good Gosh
Yes, the Amsoil SS 0w30 will be fine for all your vehicles, provided
you extend your OCI's

Originally Posted By: zfasts03
ROI?

Yep, as per CATERHAM defined. If you can make it worth it, go right ahead. Changing SS at 3000 mile intervals wouldn't be cost effective. Stretching the OCI out appropriately would be cost effective.

0w30 Signature series is an amsoil, so top tier... their 0W-30 SS has a higher quality base stock than their other oils. The best of the best.

I am running 5w20 Signature in my CRV w/bypass filter setup, but plan to purchase 0W30 and slowly add that into the mix.

i would use their 10-30 signature series, unless in the far north or alaska the 10-30 being a true man made synthetic flows very well in our Pa winters. the 10-30 uses NO VII at all, the 0W + 5W prolly use a little, NOACK on the 10-30 is better as it is on dino oils as well

You cant go wrong with their 0w-30 SS. I wouldnt worry about the incremental cost, too many other things in life to worry about.

I use it in my winter cars, dont like crawling under them to change oil in the winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back