2004 Subaru 2.5 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAV4 had NO R&P (6%+/- loss) driving the primary front wheels; the rears on the Toyota were unclutched with no slip. Correct, you will need 2 r&p to send power rearward on a transverse primary FWD arrangement. But the Toyota had NO lossy r&p in its primary mode of operation.

Our 1996 Impreza Wagon with the 2.2 & 5MT was the best car out of over 67 we've owned.

I would just be an open front diff then right? Judging by the photo's I looked at online.

Audi & VW before going transverse were the same way. Although I am sure the R&P in the cars was smaller.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
RAV4 had NO R&P (6%+/- loss) driving the primary front wheels; the rears on the Toyota were unclutched with no slip. Correct, you will need 2 r&p to send power rearward on a transverse primary FWD arrangement. But the Toyota had NO lossy r&p in its primary mode of operation.

Our 1996 Impreza Wagon with the 2.2 & 5MT was the best car out of over 67 we've owned.

That AWD system in 200?-2005 was incredible in RAV4 and true Full time and excellent.

Starting in 2006-present RAV4 uses a really [censored] FWD biased system that heavily software based and not that good except for pseudo 4wd locker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back