BFGoodrich AT T/A KO new generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that link Wireless.

The 275/60/20 is a welcome addition along with the 2500/3500 chevy size 265/70/18.

The latter is a perfect up-grade for 1500s, especially on 9 inch wide wheels CR.

@wirelessF , thanks !
As soon as i get a set of winter skins for the wifes car , my truck is going to need to shed it's Revo2 s . Been looking at the goodyear wrangler so it's nice to see an alternative in my trucks tire size (285 70 17 ) .

I love the BFG Performance Ratings...

Off Road - "10"

They look good and perform fine. I had a pair (of course not these cool new ones) on an H3. They were a little noisy for an all-terrain, and are definitely at the premium end of the price spectrum.

I think Cooper, Firestone, Goodyear, Mastercraft, and a few others all have offerings that are either much less expensive and equal in performance or less expensive and better.

Time will tell how these pan out!

The true advantage I always seen from the BFG AT's was treadlife. On the GM 1500's I ran them on those tires seemed to hold up forever.

I've done tons of off-roading with BFG AT's. They're great tires, I've never had a rock/stick go through one, which has happened with other tires. They aren't very good in mud, just cake up and it turns into a slick. They also kinda chunk up on the edges from the pavement or off-roading through rocks

Found the BFG's on my last truck much more capable is wet offroad conditions than my current Coopers (about the only thing I've found to complain about with the Coopers, though).

They don't work well for the terrain around here - too muddy and soupy in spots. Have to run a dedicated mud tire.

They do pretty well in the snow. Have always liked the similarly styled General Grabber AT2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back