Bendix CT3 brake pads - made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 16" wheels are the problem. You get much better brake performance with the 13" rotors but they will not fit in the wheels.

13" rotors with F body calipers and some aftermarket brackets will work real good you just need to go with larger wheels.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The 16" wheels are the problem. You get much better brake performance with the 13" rotors but they will not fit in the wheels.

13" rotors with F body calipers and some aftermarket brackets will work real good you just need to go with larger wheels.

^^^This I already know, as most on frrax.com have already upgraded to the 4 piston, C5 Vette calipers with the C6 Vette rotors on the front, if not the real $$$$$$ aftermarket 'big brake kits' from Stop Tech, Brembo, Wilwood, or the like.

But they do NOT have to worry about using the 16" wheels in the winter, with snows on them as I do (the 17" snow tires are WAY TOO WIDE to be effective at all).
frown.gif

Yeah the thing with the brake swap Im going to do, is it limits me to 18" wheels or larger due to the GT500 rotors being 14".

Can you find some narrower 17" steelies for winter? A 225/50R17 would be similar to 225/55R16 on a 7" wheel.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Yeah the thing with the brake swap Im going to do, is it limits me to 18" wheels or larger due to the GT500 rotors being 14".

Can you find some narrower 17" steelies for winter? A 225/50R17 would be similar to 225/55R16 on a 7" wheel.

My car's front rotors are 14.2 inches across yet there are 17's that fit for winter tires. I think it is a caliper issue, many times an adapted caliper has a dorky bracket involved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back