O'Reillys 5w30 Full Synthetic caution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not so strange, perhaps he's an Autozone employee who just wanted to come here and bash a competitor's oil on a public forum. Until he returns (assuming he does) we really don't know.

A red flag to me is someone that is consistently using the wrong oil in a vehicle, and then thinks that one particular brand is causing an issue. Especially when he says he had an issue before. There's enough holes in his post to drive a truck through if you read it carefully.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: kschachn
I think the OP has left the building.

One post and out? Strange.

I dunno, but I've read in VW manuals that using a synthetic 5W-30 is okay as a substitute if the VW50-.- series of spec oils are not available. But yeah, I can't see anyone owning a late model turbo using just any synthetic, especially when it really isn't more expensive to get the appropriate oils...

Some folks just don't know. I know a guy that has a WRX STI.. Lots of aftermarket performance stuff. Runs her hard and uses dealer dino.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Some folks just don't know. I know a guy that has a WRX STI.. Lots of aftermarket performance stuff. Runs her hard and uses dealer dino.

I have a buddy that does the same (WRX). No issues after 175K miles. Neither did I with a Mitsubishi Evo8...dino. Not abused but not babied either.

Last edited:
Or a purolater employee knowing a lot of people are going with the harder to find wix because of the purolater problem.
Maybe he just pushed some wrong buttons...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back