PQIA posts seven more 5W-30s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that Penzoil Platnium Pureplus... 9.02 TBN and 9.1 NOACK.. was waiting to see this.

Well, now that there's an apple to apples comparison, PPP seems to be no worse/better than PP. Still a stout oil.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Why are they only testing 5w30s?

They aren't, scroll down and you'll see many other grades. Some more 0W-20s and 5W-20s will be out next week.

Tom NJ

Duh I remember that now. They posted a buyer beware back when the Valvoline NexGen 5w20 had too high of a NOACK.

More specifically, why no 10w30s? Unless Im missing this too. Lol.

Originally Posted By: Tom NJ
Why are they only testing 5w30s?

They aren't, scroll down and you'll see many other grades. Some more 0W-20s and 5W-20s will be out next week.

Tom NJ

Good to know.

More specifically, why no 10w30s?

Or monogrades, or 20w-20s, right?
wink.gif

I have a feeling the PP tested by PQIA in 2013 was already using a GTL base because it's virtually identical to PPP.

I hope they'll test PUPP soon since it had the highest spike in NOACK and supposed to be higher than PPP.

Just did some digging and the Shell GTL pearl plant started shipment in 2011 and was fully capacity by 2012: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_GTL

It's very likely that PP & PU manufactured 2-3 years ago is already using a GTL base.

Originally Posted By: Garak
More specifically, why no 10w30s?

Or monogrades, or 20w-20s, right?
wink.gif

PQIA has done 10W-30s and straight 30s.

Focus is placed on the largest selling grades, and often presented in grade themes, e.g. a set of 5W-30s or a set of 5W-20s. Less common grades will have their turn again.

Tom NJ

Great information on the new oils, especially PPP vs the old PP. I can't wait to use this oil in my 2014 Mustang GT for its next oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back