Motul 800 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 Puch mopeds and just ordered a 4L bottle of Motul 800. I did a search on the moped forum and it was recommended very highly.
The problem is that I received the "Off Road" version not the Road Racing version I ordered.
So I am wondering what the difference is and is the off road version suitable for use in my application?

Thanks,

Tom

The only obvious difference is the Road race oil has a higher flashpoint, tends to mean a stronger base oil or could be additives in the offroad oil that's dropping the flash in comparison. The offroad oil probably has some elements in it for storage and rusting, since quads and watercraft sees a lot of that.

Ofcourse in a 2 stroke oil needs to burn well for combustion, so too high of flash might hender that. Id say run it, you could do alot worse. But generally anything that holds up offroad, the street is far easier.

Thank you for the reply.
It is interesting that I believe the off road is somewhat less expensive than the road race. Will start using it in a week or so when I run out of the qt bottle of read race I have.
I did send an email to Motul from their website with this question but have not heard back from them.

The hotsaw guy's who use Motul in their chainsaws use the 800 off road, suppose to be better and cleaner for hot running air cooled 2 cycle. Don't know for sure but I'd trust the pro's who use it, Should be on the overkill side of things in your Puch, good oil.

Thanks again guys. Yes its way overkill. I expect all of us here when running our engines weather it be a car boat or bile have a good feeling that we are using the best lubrication we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back