2006 Dodge Charger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JDW
Eaton M112 @ 12 psi on a 4.6L bored .20 over around 390 RWHP.

Nice! Anything done to the heads? does it have aftermarket cams?

That's the '03/'04 Cobra blower eh? Is yours a take-off?

OEM FORD Performance Improved heads & Comp Xtreme Energy cams

Here is a pic of the intake. My understanding is mine came off a 91 Ford lighting pick-up.

4627_zps7ed4023c.gif

Last edited:
Yes sir , As you probably know them bad boys are expensive ! But nice #s they would add
wink.gif

Yes sir , As you probably know them bad boys are expensive ! But nice #s they would add
wink.gif

Yeah, thought about them a bit for the Expedition
grin.gif

Here is a pic of the intake. My understanding is mine came off a 91 Ford lighting pick-up.

4627_zps7ed4023c.gif

Huh?

The 91 lightning had a 5.8 in it, didn't it.

And if you've got an m112 bolted onto a. 4.6 2v there is zero chance any intake from a pushrod engine is fitting.

Not only that but an m112 needs a special adapter plate to make a 4v lower intake work,which bolts up to the blower.
I've got an m112 in my garage,and the lower intake to bolt onto a 4v engine. The 2v engines have different ports and spacing,and depending on whether they are b or c heads the lower intake changes too.

What are you saying is in that t-bird.
Stock should have been an npi 4.6.
Are you saying to boosted the stock engine or what's the...........

And overkill. Don't forget the 10mm socket. It's everywhere.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

4627_zps7ed4023c.gif

Huh?

The 91 lightning had a 5.8 in it, didn't it.

And if you've got an m112 bolted onto a. 4.6 2v there is zero chance any intake from a pushrod engine is fitting.

Not only that but an m112 needs a special adapter plate to make a 4v lower intake work,which bolts up to the blower.
I've got an m112 in my garage,and the lower intake to bolt onto a 4v engine. The 2v engines have different ports and spacing,and depending on whether they are b or c heads the lower intake changes too.

What are you saying is in that t-bird.
Stock should have been an npi 4.6.
Are you saying to boosted the stock engine or what's the...........

And overkill. Don't forget the 10mm socket. It's everywhere.

I love my 10mm socket
wink.gif
and I think he meant the 2nd gen lightning (don't know why he said 91
21.gif
) with the 5.4L 2V. That said, deck height between the 5.4L and 4.6L is different so I wouldn't think the intake would fit.

It wouldn't. You could probably put a 4.6 intake on a 5.4 if you used spacer plates...but the reverse would require enormous fabrication!

I also wonder: how does the T-bird IRS hold up running 11's in a 3900lb car?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
It wouldn't. You could probably put a 4.6 intake on a 5.4 if you used spacer plates...but the reverse would require enormous fabrication!

IRS on my bird works just fine with the HP I have, That being said I have a friend with a 700+ RWHP T-bird that will break half-shafts in a heart beat, But he has real beefy ones now that handle it just fine. Hood clearance I have no problems just removed the heat liner & center cross brace and closes like a champ.

IRS on my bird works just fine with the HP I have, That being said I have a friend with a 700+ RWHP T-bird that will break half-shafts in a heart beat, But he has real beefy ones now that handle it just fine. Hood clearance I have no problems just removed the heat liner & center cross brace and closes like a champ.

Thanks for that. I remember my friends all telling me back in 05 about IRS and how my car would never get out of the hole well because of it.

I have dozens of 1.8x sixties in real street tires to prove that is not true. And if you beef an IRS appropriately they can handle the HP just fine too...

You aren't running stock half-shafts, are you?

Yes stock HS's and with M/T drag radials a bit of wheel spin on launch's & no wheel hop . 3:73 rear gear

Last edited:
Steve: are you running stock half-shafts?

Yes. Early models of SRT8's made before August 05 have no issues with breakage. Chrysler changed suppliers and then the carnage began.

VERY few cars (like mine) with broken half shafts were running street rubber...

So, update on this car now that we've had it a while.

Repairs needed so far:

1. Tie-rod end, drivers-side.
2. Trans drain/fill as per the frozen converter thread
3. Most recent, drivers-side rear caliper started sticking, I replaced it the other day. Factory calipers (and the replacement) were made by PBR, so I was surprised that it failed so soon. Replacement was not overly expensive and job was quick and easy in the driveway.

Wife has been enjoying the heck out of the car. We are very impressed with the Michelin Pilot AS/3 tires, they are a great all around tire with excellent ride quality and wet/dry traction. They are predictable at their limits and hold their balance.

Oil consumption on AFE 0w-20 has been nothing of note so far. We are still on the first OCI with the AFE/Fram Ultra combo with no oil added. Oil was changed at 121,664 and the car currently has around 130,000 on it, so it is due very shortly for an OCI. The same combo will be used again.

We continue to be impressed with the NAG-1, it is a great transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back