New to me Traverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a gently used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse LS AWD today. Decided against a new Edge, but I know my folks have been happy with their Saturn Outlook. Even got a decent trade for the CR-V.

Last edited:
Nice crossover! I'd undercoat it ASAP, though. The Equinox displays a shocking amount of undercarriage rust quickly, or at least Nick R's folks's old 2011 'Nox did.

Watch for the dreaded timing codes that come up. It's not uncommon for those to have timing related issues otherwise nice vehicles I do like them

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Pigs on gas, but tough minivans....

fixed

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Watch for the dreaded timing codes that come up. It's not uncommon for those to have timing related issues otherwise nice vehicles I do like them

You beat me to it. However, 2010 and on are mostly clear of this problem. The 2008-09 vintage are the one's to watch. My 2008 CTS had chains done at 70k mile range and my Dad's 08 CTS had them done at 45k miles. Dad went by the OLM and I did 5k mile changes so all I did was postpone the pain.

Great looking vehicle. Post bailout GM has a few appealing products. The Traverse/Acadia/Enclave triplets are definitely in the appealing category.

Thanks for the heads up on the timing chains. From the Carfax it looks like it had all its scheduled maintenance done by the same dealer. Oil changes look like they were going around 10k intervals. Seems to be running well, and other than an O2 sensor replaced at 80,000 it doesn't look like it's had anything significant. Here's hoping for no timing chain problems.

Pigs on gas, but tough trucks....

What vehicle that's the same size gets much better?

Originally Posted By: MarkM66
Pigs on gas, but tough trucks....

What vehicle that's the same size gets much better?

These AWD minivans just don't get great mileage. They are, however, really practical. AWD Minivan that can tow 5500 pounds. Great family cruiser.

I noticed a 2011 Surburban had what I thought was a decent amount of rust already forming on sheetmetal underneath, and of course the frame and linkages. I would get it undercoated soon to help with corrosion that you know will be coming. Looks like a nice ride.
Originally Posted By: sciphi
Nice crossover! I'd undercoat it ASAP, though. The Equinox displays a shocking amount of undercarriage rust quickly, or at least Nick R's folks's old 2011 'Nox did.

Is it an HF V6? Where was the engine made?

I've got a Japanese HF V6 and an Australian HF V6 and haven't heard a peep from GM about the chains. My OLM's still have the original factory (long OCI) calibration.

Nice car, BTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back