Berryman's B-12 and evaporation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and good evening to all fellow Bitogers!

After reading with interest some posts in these here parts on Berryman's B-12, I decided to take the plunge and give it a try. "'D' the Mighty" has been hitting and missing of late with the occasional "pop" of discontent. I thought perhaps a new set of spark plugs might be in order, so changed out all four. Didn't hurt, but really didn't help either.

So I took me another journey to the parts store and purchased the happy looking can of Berrymans. When I arrived back on the farm, I mixed five ounces of Berrymans with five gallons of gasoline and poured it in the almost empty fuel tank, (said tank holds 16 gallons). Pulled the crank and the ole gal barked to life. She sputtered and popped for about 30 seconds and then purred with new life.

I ran said tractor till she was almost empty again and redid the mix, (five gallons gas mixed with five ounces Berrymans). Drove another hour or so and it was supper time and so I put her to bed.

Now, first and foremost, I'm impressed. I don't know what Berrymans cleared up or cleaned out, but whatever it did, it did the job.

But now I'm wondering, in an old type of fuel tank, does the Berryman's product evaporate? "'D' the Mighty" is a 1950 Case Model "D" tractor with a 1950 style gas tank and gas cap which means it has a tiny hole in the top of the gas cap for ventilation. I would like to keep using this product for a while, but store the tractor sometimes for weeks at a time between usage. Therefore, should I keep adding in small amounts or can I fill the tank, add the entire can of Berrymans and look forward to tractor running happiness?

All hail, Bitogers everywhere!

Another question on the Berrymans B-12 product.

"Thunder the Wonder Pig" has been running much better since I've replaced a number of parts in the engine bay. In the past two weeks, I've installed new plugs, a new EGR valve, new fuel filter and new air filter and a new throttle position sensor. While she runs much better than before, she still has that occasional "burp and gurgle" of automotive indigestion.

After my success with Berrymans in "'D' the Mighty," I would really like to try this product in "Thunder the Wonder Pig." My fear however, is with a vehicle that is almost 20 years old and having 160,000 miles on the clock, is it possible I might dislodge too much stuff from the fuel system or fuel tank and thus make an almost good situation suddenly really bad?

What say you guys? Should I go ahead and add the entire can or should I try a slow cleaning to said aged vehicle.

FYI - "Thunder the Wonder Pig" is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with the 3.1 V-6.

Berryman makes good products. Iv used it with success several times on hard to start cars. Altho I typically add 8 ounces to 2-3 gallons and drive that threw (with hard to start cars) then add the rest on the next fill up.

Good product and I couldn't recommend it enough.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
All hail, Bitogers everywhere!

Another question on the Berrymans B-12 product.

"Thunder the Wonder Pig" has been running much better since I've replaced a number of parts in the engine bay. In the past two weeks, I've installed new plugs, a new EGR valve, new fuel filter and new air filter and a new throttle position sensor. While she runs much better than before, she still has that occasional "burp and gurgle" of automotive indigestion.

After my success with Berrymans in "'D' the Mighty," I would really like to try this product in "Thunder the Wonder Pig." My fear however, is with a vehicle that is almost 20 years old and having 160,000 miles on the clock, is it possible I might dislodge too much stuff from the fuel system or fuel tank and thus make an almost good situation suddenly really bad?

What say you guys? Should I go ahead and add the entire can or should I try a slow cleaning to said aged vehicle.

FYI - "Thunder the Wonder Pig" is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with the 3.1 V-6.

Use it with confidence. It works well. But I wouldn't let the car sit up for weeks in the tank. What ever you add plan to run it threw. I'm not saying it will hurt the car just I don't know the condition of the car. Used it on my old Volvo from purchase to 289k miles. Never had any negative effect.

I've used in my 93 olds, works great, it will clean the tank some, but you have a fuel filter. I might consider replaceing the fuel filter after a tankful of b-12 fuel.

I use it in my OPE if they get cranky. Lately, I discovered that even if it doesn't fix the trouble instantly, it may clean it out over time. Happened with the old Mantis this spring.
grin2.gif

install a fuel filter to catch anything that comes loose in the tank, the rest of the gunk in the system should be less of an issue. Those old carbs can be taken apart with a butter knife and cleaned with pipe cleaners and kerosene. They were made to be reliable in less than ideal conditions and built with large passages and easy to reach crevices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back