Wheels and Tires 00 GP GTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking swap wheels on the GTP. The 16" OE Starfish wheels don't allow for 13" rotors.
I was looking at these in 18".
Wheels

Any recommendations for this size in a dedicated summer tire. I would like to keep the tire and wheel package under 2K if i can.

TIA

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I'm guessing 245/45/18 size tire is what you need? I'd go with Michelin Pilot Super Sport in that size.

Thats the correct size. I have tried many all season tires and they are the weak point.
The suspension is modified, it gets driven fast on curvy roads.
It needs a dedicated summer tire. I would like to keep the wheel and tire package close to 2K.

I am looking at something like this. Wear isnt an issue, the car gets 3K a year on it.
Maybe a better alternative in the same price range?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...mp;autoModClar=

Last edited:
If youre running camaro/vette brakes, why not buy a set of pull-offs from one of the car-specific forums? im assuming the offset and everything is consistent...

The wheels are no problem its the tires. Good point though i will look at they run on the Vette, not the size but the brand and model.
I have P7 all seasons on it now and they are not making it but that could have something to do with the 60 profile allowing too much sidewall flex.

Yep they look dam good alright, better tread wear to boot. Looks like a winner and well within budget.
Sorry when you said Michelins i thought of all seasons.

Originally Posted By: Trav
better tread wear to boot.

Yeah, they actually carry a 30K mile treadlife warranty, which is unheard of in this performance category.

While I am generally no Michelin fan, this is one Michelin tire that I wouldn't mind buying if I had that kind of need/application.

Those wheels look great except for the fake rivets.

Still should look very good on the GP, especially with Super Sports mounted on them.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back