Good filter brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the good oil filter brands versus bad ones?

Being in Australia we don't get them all.

How is Bosch, AC Delco?
I see some Cooper filters, Osaka, Filtra, Ryco etc available. Not sure if these are any good?

AC delco are really good, especially if u have a GM. U can't really go wrong with OEM oil filters. I have never tried the others u listed.

I see nothing wrong with e-cores as well. The nylon cages are very strong and hold up to extreme heat. I've used them before and would use them again.

You probably have the least amount of risk with OEM filters. Depending on what you drive, they're often reasonably priced.

As far as bad filters, that's a rotating list. Years ago, you couldn't say that you liked E-cores without getting flamed, accused of being a Champ Labs apologist, etc. Today, Purolator has that role. A few years from now, it could be somebody else. The hated filter du jour is a revolving door...life goes on.

I'd have no problem buying a Bosch or an ACDelco. Denso are usually good, too...maybe you have those down under? The SCA filter that Shannow posted looks great, too.

Any name brand filter will be fine
Just pick the price range you want and make sure the filter matches the mileage that you will using it for

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
You probably have the least amount of risk with OEM filters. Depending on what you drive, they're often reasonably priced.

As far as bad filters, that's a rotating list. Years ago, you couldn't say that you liked E-cores without getting flamed, accused of being a Champ Labs apologist, etc. Today, Purolator has that role. A few years from now, it could be somebody else. The hated filter du jour is a revolving door...life goes on.

I'd have no problem buying a Bosch or an ACDelco. Denso are usually good, too...maybe you have those down under? The SCA filter that Shannow posted looks great, too.

+1 Have to agree. I can get the AC Delco classics cheap which is why I use it but I don't see any issues with buying the e-cores now a days. Bad publicity hurts the bottom line. You know Champion caught wind of this and fixed their product.

My issue with ecore is the core Dia was enlargde and media area was sacrificed. IDK about "platic" core tubes or cardboard or engineered paper endcaps - unless like the china NISSAN bbelow the endcaps are so large they obviously block oil flow IN.

if you drive a hyundai or kia their oem filters look great and perform very well. We do'nt rebuild many hyundai or kia engines but when we do we use oem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back