Panamera V8 4.8 - M1 0W40 7000KM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Next UOA done by wearcheck ...

How is it that this UOA is 7000KMover 6000KM and less wear ?

60K KM on the car at this moment ..

oil.jpg

Last edited:
The differences here are almost all small enough to be margin of error from the lab, I would think.

Some variation up and down is to be expected. The engine is not going to show the exact same numbers every time.

Regardless, I don't think there is anything in that report to be concerned about. Everything looks very good.

I'm just happy that Iron and AL is lower ... I was getting concerned that it might be little high ...

Thank you

Reductions beyond margin of error considerations might just be your engine breaking in. I'd stay on schedule, keep using the same oil and never add any additives.

Huh, UOA's can't be used to determine engine wear or if onee oil is reducing wear compared to anther oil IMO.
I've always been told they are to check physical condition of the oil, contamination from coolant, fuel, dirt ingestion etc. Or if if something is seriously wrong mechanicaly, as the wear metals would be way high as shown by the column to right abnormal.
Your numbers on both samples are considerablylower so everything looks good. The numbers are going to fluctuate some depending on driving conditions and other factors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back