Another beheading

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
http://abcnews.go.com/International/isis-supporters-behead-french-captive/story?id=25726945

ht_gourdel_mt_140922_16x9_992.jpg

Quote:
The French President today condemned the apparent beheading of a French mountain climber at the hands of Algerian militants, who pledge their allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in a new video.

The video, which appeared online today, shows a man who appears to be 55-year-old Nice native Herve Gourdel kneeling in front of several armed militants as a statement is made by one of them in Arabic. Near the end of the nearly 5-minute video, Gourdel is pushed over and held down, at which point the video cuts out. When it returns, he appears to have been killed.

Before Gourdel’s death, the militant says he and his comrades will be “closer to [censored] by killing this filthy Frenchman in defense of [censored]’s religion," and then addresses ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, saying, “we are with you… here are your soldiers fighting those you fight and making peace with those you make peace with.”

Hours after the video's release, French President Francois Hollande said on Twitter, "Our compatriot Herve Gourdel was assassinated by a terrorist group cowardly, cruelly, shamefully. I am thinking of him."

The video appears to be a dark copycat of several beheading videos released by ISIS showing the deaths of American and British captives in Syria.

One good thing Hollande does, he calls those scum by a name that they detest. I wish everyone else would to let them know what we think of them.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
http://abcnews.go.com/International/isis-supporters-behead-french-captive/story?id=25726945

Quote:
The French President today condemned the apparent beheading of a French mountain climber at the hands of Algerian militants, who pledge their allegiance to the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in a new video.

The video, which appeared online today, shows a man who appears to be 55-year-old Nice native Herve Gourdel kneeling in front of several armed militants as a statement is made by one of them in Arabic. Near the end of the nearly 5-minute video, Gourdel is pushed over and held down, at which point the video cuts out. When it returns, he appears to have been killed.

Before Gourdel’s death, the militant says he and his comrades will be “closer to [censored] by killing this filthy Frenchman in defense of [censored]’s religion," and then addresses ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, saying, “we are with you… here are your soldiers fighting those you fight and making peace with those you make peace with.”

The video appears to be a dark copycat of several beheading videos released by ISIS showing the deaths of American and British captives in Syria.

More theater? We'll likely never know.

It's no surprise that the mass media that is also part of the
Military Industrial Complex, is in high gear churning out anything and everything that is prodding the sheep to bleat for more war.
The question is will the sheep bite yet again?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Quote:

Military Industrial Complex, is in high gear churning out anything and everything that is prodding the sheep to bleat for more war.

I do have to wonder what the ISIS crew is thinking? What do they gain by finally provoking their destruction? Or who gains from ISIS getting whooped?
Is it a cyclical plan? Provoke western powers to attack them/islam, which creates more extremists for the next cycle?
The average joe here and in the middle east loses when this happens. So who is benefitting?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
One good thing Hollande does, he calls those scum by a name that they detest. I wish everyone else would to let them know what we think of them.

AGREED.

So much more efficient than the backflips the media (rightly) does to avoid calling them by the name they claim.

Its not going to stop as long as that scum roams the earth.
IMHO anyone who leaves their own country to fight with this vermin should be tried in absentia for treason and put against the wall the minute they come back into the country.

49.gif

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

I'm sure I won't agree with hardly any of his politics but it was refreshing to see a president running around with the people during the Tour De France.

Originally Posted By: Trav
IMHO anyone who leaves their own country to fight with this vermin should be tried in absentia for treason and put against the wall the minute they come back into the country.

49.gif

Declare that area off limits. You can go there, but you can never renter the usa if you do.

I agree in principal but not the non combatants and kids, reeducate those.
We don't want to become what we are trying to get rid of.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
So who is benefitting?

Why we are of course! How else would we get all the crude for our lovely motor oil if we didn't have an excuse to invade the Middle East?

But yeah there's a lot kicking off, in case anyone didn't hear, yesterday police in Melbourne shot an 18 year old Muslim extremist after he stabbed a federal officer and a Vic state officer

Originally Posted By: spasm3

49.gif

Declare that area off limits. You can go there, but you can never renter the usa if you do.

Actually, that's one thing that Oz is doing right IMO...it's not quite as certain as Trav's idea, but if you book passage to those locales, most times your passport gets cancelled.

It is absurd that we cannot call this war.

It is absurd that we cannot call this Islam or Islamic.

It is absurd that we do not immediately void the passports of these idiots when they travel there to fight us and declare them enemy combatants.

I'm sure each of us could name several more absurdities related to this mess. This is a ridiculous repetitive cycle that just keeps going like a skipping recording...

I agree in principal but not the non combatants and kids, reeducate those.
We don't want to become what we are trying to get rid of.

Very well said. It really is as simple as this.

I do have to wonder what the ISIS crew is thinking? What do they gain by finally provoking their destruction? Or who gains from ISIS getting whooped?
Is it a cyclical plan? Provoke western powers to attack them/islam, which creates more extremists for the next cycle?
The average joe here and in the middle east loses when this happens. So who is benefitting?

That's what they are thinking -- they are recruiting.

The collateral destruction and pain doesn't matter to them.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
It is absurd that we cannot call this war.

Agree.

It is absurd that we cannot call this Islam or Islamic.

Would it be similarly absurd if we declined to call the Westboro Baptist Church a Christian organization? I don't think so. It may be true in a technical sense, but their (intentional) distance from the mainstream makes it dubious in a practical sense.

It is absurd that we do not immediately void the passports of these idiots when they travel there to fight us and declare them enemy combatants.

Completely agree with the sentiment, though I suspect this is a lot more complicated than it seems.

I'm sure each of us could name several more absurdities related to this mess. This is a ridiculous repetitive cycle that just keeps going like a skipping recording...

Right now, the political one just blots out everything in my mind. What an outrage.

What about holding the CIA, and Mossad responsible for creating,
supplying weaponry, and encouraging them to exist in the first place? The root of the problem begins and ends with
outsiders meddling in the internal affairs of other countries and nations in the first place.

Frankly there are many in our own gov't agencies that should be charged with treason, for fostering these groups.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Quote:

I do have to wonder what the ISIS crew is thinking?

They're thinking about guaranteed employment as a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back