Tony Stewart - Grand Jury... no charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Srt20
Ward was under influence of marijuana.

Stewart will never have to pay civil suit.

Yup, with Mr Ward being under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the accident, it will be very hard to prove negligence on the part of Smoke.

Happy to hear that. Everyone and their families have suffered enough without a three ring circus.
Certainly a tragic accident but an accident nonetheless.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Happy to hear that. Everyone and their families have suffered enough without a three ring circus.
Certainly a tragic accident but an accident nonetheless.

Absolutely a tragedy. And played to the max by many for their gain or our loss, I can't understand the ridiculous focus on a simple accident.

Anything for a headline...

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I still think Stewart got a bit too close to Ward purposely, but didn't intend to hit him. A pothead + hothead = no good outcome.

That's nice, but the evidence and witnesses do not support your thinking.

There were lots of armchair quarterbacks in the original thread that was locked, and in the general (uninformed) public, that were absolutely convinced that he intentionally killed the other driver. Or at least tried to scare him.

They and you are wrong.

ABC News

Criminal charges were not warranted.

I do not think he intended or caused the crash.

The second half of the incident, where the guy was on the track on foot: if he took extreme evasive action, Stewart himself could have been hurt or killed, or some third party.

Criminal charges are supposed to be about crime. Not about who wins or loses in a social popularity contest.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I still think Stewart got a bit too close to Ward purposely, but didn't intend to hit him. A pothead + hothead = no good outcome.

+1

Only 1 person knows what the real circumstances of the accident are.

Quote:

Criminal charges are supposed to be about crime

No charges means not enough evidence to further pursue, not that no crime was committed. I am just being the devils advocate; it do not know him from adam's off ox.

Last edited:
If we would shut down the news industry for a month, and quit giving everyone their 15 minutes of fame, the world's problem might just disappear.
49.gif

Wow, Ward had marijuana in his system! I didn't think they should charge Tony Stewart anyway but finding this out today just solidified it.

Pitchers often throw brush-back pitches to batters.
Sometime, the batters get hit.
They don't usually end up dead.

That kid got himself in a bad place. He had to know that when you come around the track it's difficult to change your line at least enough to dodge some guy standing in the way. You don't see that far ahead driving around the track and the results are what you'd expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back