Tires for the Ody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Well, the Precision are new tires so, they're already better than worn Michelin's!

According to some on here - Michelins are the end all, be all of tires. Even worn ones; bald Michelins are better than brand new Coopers, Firestones, etc.

He,he! Well, I've had worn Michelin tires and any new tire was better
laugh.gif

I don't talk much about Michelin tires on this forum as I have never purchased them after market, only purchased cars that have had Michelin Tires as OE.

They're[Michelin] nice tires and treated me well but, too much money(even w/rebates) for my taste(with tires to buy for 4 vehicles) when, with some homework, I can get a really good tire value in other brands.

I have a friend in Atlanta that ONLY buys Michelin tires for their vehicles. He doesn't do any homework/searching, just goes to his local tire store and has them put on Michelin tires. He's always happy!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I have a friend in Atlanta that ONLY buys Michelin tires for their vehicles. He doesn't do any homework/searching, just goes to his local tire store and has them put on Michelin tires. He's always happy!

Stop for a second and think about it though -- how many hours do you spend looking for a lower cost product on forums/manufacturer sites/dealer sites/etc, likely with anxiety as you agonize over which one to select?

Your friend on the other hand just goes in, selects a Michelin, and is always happy.

What's really important to you in life?

LOL!
laugh.gif

I don't find anything vehicle related, agonizing at all!
smile.gif

I find it enjoyable and I do it for family/friends as well. I don't agonize over tire buying any more than any other auto part/product for my vehicles.

There are lots of sources of information that I am aware of and it doesn't take me long. I just don't buy Michelin tires as I believe they(michelin) have some rivals in the specific tire category that I buy tires. I will/may buy them in the future and still recommend them to others.
wink.gif

I buy based on a very tight criteria for all of our vehicles. Often, Michelin doesn't have what meets that criteria which included budget!

I do know many in my circle that are less than satisfied with their Michelin tires...MXV4, Defenders, etc.

Since I've been buying tires based on professional testing and customer reviews for tires on like vehicles, I've never been happier with my tire purchases. End of story!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back