2013 Rav4 (2AR-FE) FF replaced with M1 EP at 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most break in the wear has already been flushed by that 5K run.

what is the Toyota recommended oil change interval? I think it's 10,000 if I were you I would follow exactly that, and then do uoa. And maybe you can determine once your out of warranty to extend OCI or not.

Back40, your question is not clear to me. You said you're going to run M1 EP "to 7,500". Is that "to 7,500 engine miles" (another 2,500 miles) or is that "to 7,500 oil miles" (so you'd have 7,500 miles on the EP)?

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Most break in the wear has already been flushed by that 5K run.

what is the Toyota recommended oil change interval? I think it's 10,000 if I were you I would follow exactly that, and then do uoa. And maybe you can determine once your out of warranty to extend OCI or not.

The above is good advise.....The regular M-1 (not EP) is guaranteed to 10K, and many (including myself) run it close to 10K or further without any issues (and w/o a UOA). The EP version will extend your OCI to at least 12-15K, so going to 10K can easily be done.

Running it to only 7500 will IMO, under utilize the EP and will be a waste of $$ and resources.

Last edited:
The Toyota recommended OCI is 10k. I want to find a non toyota oil that will handle 10k OCI. I felt M1 EP would easily fit that bill but wanted to err on the side of caution so that's why I thought the next OCI of 7,500 was safe. Did not realize regular M1 could handle 10k. Have already purchased the EP so I'll just run that to 10k and do the UOA. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

if Toyota has recommended a 10k OCI, any name brand Full Synthetic will easily handle that, just do a UOA to verify. I would personally run PP, M1, or Castrol Edge because they can be had for a reasonable cost at walmart. But even Synpower will easily handle that too.

I would use M1 EP, PU, TGMO or even Amsoil SS once your ready to do extended OCI when the warranty is up.

If cost is not an issue then even the "boutique" oil likes RP, Redline, etc...should work.

Originally Posted By: Back40
The Toyota recommended OCI is 10k. I want to find a non toyota oil that will handle 10k OCI. I felt M1 EP would easily fit that bill but wanted to err on the side of caution so that's why I thought the next OCI of 7,500 was safe. Did not realize regular M1 could handle 10k. Have already purchased the EP so I'll just run that to 10k and do the UOA. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

Since you will be running M-1 EP.....a 10,000 OCI should be a snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back