Help finding Filter alternative for M1-209?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, anyone know of a Mahle filter part that cross references with a Mobil 1 M1-209?

, so mahle dont make a filter that matches the M1-209, thats an issue then for me in the UK, will have to hunt down and see if i can find something else.

Last edited:
You could use this ATM OC981 if the above options are hard to find.

It is the spec'd Mahle filter for my Jeep, but it will work for your application assuming you have enough room since it should be slightly oversized.

Last edited:
The oc479 I can easily get but it has bypass of 1.2 bar which is around 17.5psi that's around 6.5 psi higher than the m1-209 will that not cause oil starvation issues?

Yes the oc981 iv found too a Saab filter easy to get hold of too. Its smaller than the oc479.

I can't seem to find the bypass pressure rating for the oc981 anyone know what it is?

I would assume 8-11 pounds per square inch (give or take) just like everything else equivalent to it?

Originally Posted By: slybunda
Yea but I can't seem to find psi specs for the oc981

Just wait till the morning and give Opie Oils a call, they'll answer every Mahle question you can ask them!
If you speak German you could call Mahle HQ in Austria and get it straight from the horses mouth..

got a reply back from opie oils and they say they dont know what the bypass pressure is.

back to square one i guess,

is this mann filter correct:
http://catalog.mann-filter.com/EU/eng/catalog/MANN-FILTER%20Katalog%20Europa/Oil%20Filter/W%20719~27

a W 719/27 has a 1 bar relief valve

iv never cut open these mann filters are they any good on quality? they seem to be less than half the price of mahle filters.
since they cost £3 i think i can just get one and cut it open.

Last edited:
ahh cool, do you know which one will be closest to a mobil 1 M1-209? the 714/19 mentioned above could not be found,
but the W 719/27 is the same one that fits on my fiesta and is easily available, although it only has from the pics 5 intake holes, the M1-209 has 6 holes so dunno if thats going to cause a restriction..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back