ghetto bird circling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Chris142
I talked to a friend thats a friend of one of the sheriffs pilots. He says that we don't have FLIR on ours...HMMMM

Borrow Critic's infared paint drying doohickey and point it up at them.
wink.gif

We have a fellow down the road that owns an old bi-plane and keeps it at the little grass strip airport in town. We see him fly over once or twice a year when he gets it out. Other than that, we never see aircraft fly over.

I can't imagine living in an area where police helicopters are regular visitors, or an area where I'm so frightened that I have to have a dog guarding my residence.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Are you speaking for me? The sheriff is requesting people to stay inside. Teddy is one dog, not dogs(s) and he handles initial contacts. He does not attack, he defends, he stands his ground. Big difference. If you have no malice in your heart and no intention to do harm or to enter my home without without permission then you will have nothing to fear. He does not bark to annoy or attract attention. You can not distract him. He stays focused. Did you not read the part that characterized "uninvited guests"? or are you someone that thinks the rest of us should not defend ourselves and wait for the sheriff to arrive. What you're missing here is that the sheriff will arrive just in time to do the paper work and the real work, whatever it might be will already be completed.

Nope. Not one of "those" people. just wanted to make clear you meant dog/gun against OTHER intruders for sure (which I see you did) and NOT sheriff/cops themselves. It wasn't totally clear to me from the initial post, that's why I asked. Thanks for the clarification
smile.gif

(I didn't read everything about Teddy, but I am sure he's impressive.)

Cheers!
wink.gif

We live about half a mile from Fort Bragg, NC.
So i guess you can imagine: all kinds of (test and non-test) birds, explosive testing (you FEEL those more than hear), random parachute dudes landing in gardens by mistake during drills (yes, seriously), Mad-Max looking vehicles in normal traffic, scary signs everywhere... yep.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack

Are you speaking for me? The sheriff is requesting people to stay inside. Teddy is one dog, not dogs(s) and he handles initial contacts. He does not attack, he defends, he stands his ground. Big difference. If you have no malice in your heart and no intention to do harm or to enter my home without without permission then you will have nothing to fear. He does not bark to annoy or attract attention. You can not distract him. He stays focused. Did you not read the part that characterized "uninvited guests"? or are you someone that thinks the rest of us should not defend ourselves and wait for the sheriff to arrive. What you're missing here is that the sheriff will arrive just in time to do the paper work and the real work, whatever it might be will already be completed.

Nope. Not one of "those" people. just wanted to make clear you meant dog/gun against OTHER intruders for sure (which I see you did) and NOT sheriff/cops themselves. It wasn't totally clear to me from the initial post, that's why I asked. Thanks for the clarification
smile.gif

(I didn't read everything about Teddy, but I am sure he's impressive.)

Cheers!
wink.gif

In our neck of the woods we have dogs and guns. They are popular home accessories and I think the bad guys know it. They go to other places where people don't defend themselves and rely on 911 for help.

One of the biggest reasons we are armed and dangerous is because of illegals. Many of them are desperate and enough of them have guns to be of concern. They wonder around with impunity, no fear of being arrested. The dogs offer an early warning system and a direction finder. Once the alarm goes off they usually back off and go someplace else. If they then advance we know there intentions are high and it's fight on. There's no expectation that 911 will bring backup support quick enough. Because our politicians think border security is not necessary we must stand prepared, every day. In 2013 our neighborhood had 37 confrontations beyond illegals just getting lost. We had more than 67 times when one of the residents or ranchers supplied food and water to illegals. 911 was called and armed peace officers responded less than 20 times. There were 11 separate incidents where warning shots were fired and armed peace officers responded within hours each time. Gun control talk does not exist in our neck of the world. We keep track, video each confrontation or contact. We supply food and water at times but stand firm. We confront politicians but evidently someone else gets to them before us and they just don't listen. At one of the city council meeting where they allow citizens to speak we put on a short video of our work. During the show one city council member whispered to the other, "I hope were not late for lunch because of all the cra_". This kind attitude makes the city council the biggest supporter of guns in the county.

Try living on Capitol Hill across from the Capitol Building for 10 Years. State of the Union Address nights were pretty busy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back