RP 0w10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
that link lead to autozone.com with all sorts of different weights for motor oil.

On the right, if you click on 0w10, Royal Purple XPR 0w10 will pop up.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
The folks who swear by heavy oils must be losing their minds!!

Lol, yes!

and CATERHAM will love to see this.

man I wish I still had my D16Y7, would love to try that for 5k OCI and see what happens during the upcoming cold weather!

Pour point shows as -60 f. The oil must warm up quick when its cold! On days its -20/ -30 celsius it takes 0w20 awhile to warm up..

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
man I wish I still had my D16Y7, would love to try that for 5k OCI and see what happens during the upcoming cold weather!

Pour point shows as -60 f. The oil must warm up quick when its cold! On days its -20/ -30 celsius it takes 0w20 awhile to warm up..

yea, but I wanna see the wear numbers of D16Y7 with a thin oil like this, I have a feeling that engine won't care. Honda I-4 engines are insanely good.

Wait I just followed oneeyejack's link and I saw the spec sheet on redline 0w10, sounds like only zinc and phosphorus, will that be sufficient anti-wear for 5k OCI?

Last edited:
SAE J300 doesn't specify anything below xW-16, so these "10", "5", "2" weight oils have no meaning other than what the manufacturers want it to mean.

Royal Purple is nothing but rebottled, overpriced [censored] anyway. Its gotta be the purple dye that makes it so special...
wink.gif

I am not going to offend anybody, guys, but 0W10 oil remind me about... hm-m-m... one pure male part of body, which was 3 feet long: it is cool, but useless.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: timeau
I am not going to offend anybody, guys, but 0W10 oil remind me about... hm-m-m... one pure male part of body, which was 3 feet long: it is cool, but useless.
smile.gif

No worries, your bad joke didn't offend me!
13.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back