Can't find Pennzoil Ultra up here in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a very hard time finding the new Pennzoil Ultra up here in Calgary. Tried AutoValue, Part Source, CT, Napa, and even some locally owned stores and no one carries it and was told by every store they couldn't order it for me, even though they carried other Pennzoil products. One of the lube shops in town, said they had some and would sell it to me for $20 a liter, pff no thanks.

They didn't sell the old Ultra in Canada that I know of so not surprised you can't find any. I just went over to Walmart in MI and bought it there.

Even the WM's i've been to in the US and other stores dont carry the ultra in 5qt size. Pennzoil lost my business. They dont want to make their premium product accessible than forget it, I will use M1 instead, cheap and readily available.

Pennzoil knows that if they make this oil available in Canada that Canadians will start buying it. Who in their right mind would want Canadians driving all over Canada with this oil in their cars? One can't be too careful when dealing with those Canadians. Someone at Pennzoil must be upset because Canadians have better beer and more ice.

I bought 14 5 litre jugs at napa last year,maybe longer,for 28 bucks a jug. I went back a few days later and it was 74 bucks or something insane.
So napa does carry it but only a nut pays that kind of money for oil.
It was the old jug ultra too. SN but before the new marketing.

So good luck with that quest. PP can be had on sale for under 30 bucks a jug,so wait for a sale.

Originally Posted By: Boosted240
I'm having a very hard time finding the new Pennzoil Ultra up here in Calgary.

You'll almost certainly have to go to a SOPUS distributor that has rights to Pennzoil-Quaker State products. Some distributors in Canada are only allowed to sell Formula Shell and Rotella products. Others are allowed to see the full line. You may have to email or call Shell Canada to find out who in your area (if anyone) is distributing the product.

You'll end up getting it cheaper than retail, but you won't be buying a jug at a time, either.

Cant find it in MA or NH either so your not alone. I don't even bother looking anymore.
I used it for as long as i could get it now i just use Mobil 1, its on every shelf.

I wouldn't get broken up about it. Pennzoil Platinum will cover any application or duty cycle with ease in consumer cars, trucks etc. I am not sure what uses that only PU would be suited for...maybe track use in an exotic Ferrari or Pagani or the like...to me PU is a waste of time for the normal consumer.

I am trying to figure out why when we have a Canadian specific question we have so many USA folks chime in about how their side of things operates. Not to rant but we as Canadians already get how easy and cheap it is for the USA folk to get oil. You get the mail in rebates, cheap oil available from Amazon and case lots sales with ridiculously low prices...we get it. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to us, our Amazon is not half as good as yours for most things... http://www.amazon.ca/Heavy-Duty-Motor-Oi...ds=pennzoil+oil and going down the US to bring it back up is not really a viable option for 99% of us.

Last edited:
I have no local WM's that carry it either. I know of one somewhat regionally close supercenter that has it, but I don't consider it local as I'm hardly ever in the area.

Can you do a Walmart site to store in CT?

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I am not sure what uses that only PU would be suited for...maybe track use in an exotic Ferrari or Pagani or the like...to me PU is a waste of time for the normal consumer.

Exactly. They meet the same specifications, and it's not like PU allows for a longer OCI than PP (as compared to M1 EP versus vanilla M1). By the way, that's a great Amazon Canada link to show how useless that site really can be. Amazon Canada's own price on M1 0w-40 at $13.87 is obnoxious. One of their reseller's prices at $34.80 per litre plus $10.66 shipping indicates brain damage on the part of the seller.

The other option for the OP is to simply grab Formula Shell Synthetic from the distributor, if he's stuck on synthetic and doesn't need an officially licensed dexos1 product. He'll get it for about half the price of any regularly priced synthetic at Napa, CT, or Walmart.

If I want oil delivered, I'll talk to an Amsoil rep. Heck, even my RP supplier can get me that delivered cheaper than any of the Amazon Canada oils. If I lived 50 miles from a parts store or oil company distributor, I could see ordering from Amazon (like when I lived 150 miles from a bookstore, I'd order books from them). Otherwise, get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back