Transmission Fluid Seepage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE with 64 k on it. I've noticed a few drops of transmission fluid around the shift solenoid. The drops are minuscule. I had a mechanic to check it out and he said not to worry about it unless it started to leave puddles. He's states that is normal seepage. What is your opinion on this?

If it's not big enough to leave more than a drop on the ground I wouldn't worry about it either.

Is the fluid loss measurable in quarts / thousands of miles? Have you had to top it off yet?

Atf+4 is cheap and all certified brands work the same.

Put me in my crowd that wouldn't worry about it unless it leaving a puddle.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Put me in my crowd that wouldn't worry about it unless it leaving a puddle.

Me too!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: beadvised
I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE with 64 k on it. I've noticed a few drops of transmission fluid around the shift solenoid. The drops are minuscule. I had a mechanic to check it out and he said not to worry about it unless it started to leave puddles. He's states that is normal seepage. What is your opinion on this?

Those solenoid packs leak all the time. At some point it probably should be replaced, but I would wait until it is actually running down and making a mess.

I would change it out now. Seal the new one with white permatex and allow to dry for 2 hours before running the vehicle. Probably a good time for a pan drop and filter too.

Dodge dealership states the lower intake gasket is leaking anti-freeze. Since Mopar vehicles use the red anti-freeze that's why I got it mixed up. The intake gasket is leaking and running down onto the shift solenoid. Much thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back