Why all the fuss over NOACK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kschachn
You've seen this big wad of plastic slime in your oil?

Safe to say he was just being funny. "hard plastic [censored]" would have been more apt
laugh.gif

OCP_Viscosity_Index_Improver_VII_Polymers.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
But from an end user point of view it can be ignored. As you know, if an engine doesn't consume much oil one can use a high phos' diesel oil without noticeably shortening the cat' life.

You don't say? I'll have to try that someday.
wink.gif
In any event, yep, the PDS wording about low Noack helping consumption is just a lot of fluff.

jrustles: If you think 10w-30 synthetics aren't obsolete, you might want to check your local CT and ensure you get what's left. They've cleared almost all of it out at my locations, including Formula 1 10w-30. CT thinks it's obsolete, too.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

jrustles: If you think 10w-30 synthetics aren't obsolete, you might want to check your local CT and ensure you get what's left. They've cleared almost all of it out at my locations, including Formula 1 10w-30. CT thinks it's obsolete, too.
wink.gif

haha I think CT is obsolete, considering I neither shop there or take their Saskatchewan store plan-o-gram as to what is relevant or not. "from $51.99" for 4.4L jug of Mobil1? "from $6.69" for an OCOD? LOL Nooooooooooooooooooooooooope. Those prices are obsolete!

But the truth is if any Canadian wanted a 10w30 synthetic, they'd have no problem finding it, eh

When blenders stop making it, is when it's obsolete

Not the freezing wonderland Oh Canada is
smile.gif
but in sticky, steamy Miami you can find 10W-30 everywhere.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
You've seen this big wad of plastic slime in your oil?

Originally Posted By: Lex94
Originally Posted By: Skid
For me, I don't particularly care for VII. Low Noack means you don't have some ultralight base oil mixed in with a heavy dose of VII.

Yup - Unless you enjoy a big wad of plastic slime in your oil.

What does that even mean?

Originally Posted By: jrustles
When blenders stop making it, is when it's obsolete

It's been obsolete for years, face it.
wink.gif
Imperial Oil dumped 10w-40 and 20w-50 a while ago (except for the motorcycle stuff). Give it time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back