Duralast Gold batteries - Auto Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who manufactures them? It seems to have the best specs for my application (75-DLG): 3-year free replacement; 2-year prorated. 700 CCA / 875 CA / 100 reserve minutes.

Am also considering the O'Reilly's Super Start Extreme (East Penn, I believe) and Advance Auto's AutoCraft Gold (Johnson Controls).

Thanks,
Ryan

Duralast Gold is made by JCI but Autozone says they are built better and stronger than other JCI batteries to meet Autzone's higher standards and warranty coverage.

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190
Duralast Gold is made by JCI but Autozone says they are built better and stronger than other JCI batteries to meet Autzone's higher standards and warranty coverage.

I put one in my car about 2 years ago. Starts just a nice as my OEM did. Fingers crossed it lasts just as long (7 years.)

when I worked at AZ (regrettably), their Gold batteries had a nice warranty, but barely made it to the 3yr mark.
the silver battery seemed to go the distance.
Their prices are outrageous for a battery.

I went with my neighbor to get a 49series battery for her jeep (her b/f insisted on the bigger battery and he made it fit), AZ wanted a whopping $194 for the AGM 49 series, ONLY option.

I put a Deka Intimidator AGM 48series (direct fit) for $130 out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back