lubeguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any benefit to running lubeguard in a 6r80 with mercon lv? I know in the aode/4r70w mercon applications it helped with tc shudder. Specifically I would be adding it to reduce "sticky" selenoids during cold operation which improved butnnot eliminated after tsb 11-11-11.

Also would red be best?

Which LugeGard were you considering?
The RED bottle is what I would recommend as it is a conditioner that works well with Mfg specific ATF's, which you are using.

Do Not Use the LugeGard HFM(Black bottle) or the Platinum(Silver bottle). As these are for use with a more generic type(i.e.,Dexron) ATF to convert this ATF to the vehicle specific ATF using the HFM or, High Friction Modifier
smile.gif

Others will chime in with other advise as I may have this information incorrect but, I don't think that's the case
smile.gif

Black or green is to convert ATF to a different friction characteristic, plus whatever wonderful qualities Lubegard has.

The red bottle is just the wonderful qualities. The Platinum is supposed to do everything the red, or black, or green bottles do, but at higher cost.

Try a bottle of the red. It doesn't cost much, won't hurt, and might help.

Can never keep the bottles straight and the descriptions on the bottles leave something to be desired.

What IS lubeguard anyhow? Its worked in mercon trannies well for me but never known why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back