continue to PreMix or reinstall the oil injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been premixing for so many years with various ski`s, my boat, and lawn equipment.
Now I`m getting a bit tired and it`s getting more expensive as the years go by with rising oil costs even at my preferred price point.

I just want to hear some of yall`s constructive opinions for food for thought on the subject.

Patient> SeaDoo challenger twin Rotax jet boat. about 50+ hours on repower with reman engines back in 2012 and had been running premix since the very first start up.

with the 787`s the larger oil lines (12mm) are used for lubricating the Rotary Valve bearings/gears. So that complete loop including the oil tank is still functional.

The Mikuni oil pumps have been removed when the remans were assembled and block off plates installed along with the removal of the oil pump drive couplers which are behind the Mag cover...

So there is a bit of work if I really want to hook the oil injection back up.

I have been pulling the engines every year with the exception of this past winter, so pulling the engines to work on them on the bench is really no big deal.

I would just have to install all new oil lines tank> oil filters> pump> RV cover., Reinstall the pumps and operating cables, adjust everything to spec for idle and WOT

and of course realign the engines for the jet drive shafts...

so you see there is a bit of work.

what are your constructive/productive comments on the subject?

say screw it, and continue to PreMix? 40 gallon tank in the boat, so @ 40:1 ratio it`s one gallon per tank... This boat will do good on fuel when under the power band and the PV`s are closed, once the PV`s are opened and she`s singing, she`ll def drink some fuel...

OR

go for it and reinstall the oil injection to save quite a few dollars on oil use and reduce exhaust smoke during long idling in NWZ`s.

Thanks...PR...

peek a boo - i seen the same post on PWCToday. that place i bet is the better place for this question.

my opinion is based off a very small sampling of what people do but they would all say continue to premix.

I have a 96 seadoo that still has injector and will continue to use it, i have a 98 Yamaha XL760 that i just bought and have to rebuild and will almost certainly switch to premix unless i find the existing pump works great.

I ran premix on my modified GP1300R (build thread is on Island racing`s website) The Yamahas with the nikasil coating on the cylinder walls can`t be beat, no rusting.

after the first 50 hours stock, I removed the injection and ran premix on the modded ski.

Mikuni pumps very rarely fail on their own, it`s usually a line, zip tie, or failed clamp and boom...

when I installed these remans (2) in my boat I went to premix right away to play it safe while I continue to work on the boat.

I found that the clock spring had come off, but it was defaulted to wide open, so the PO of the boat didn`t know or realize that one pump was not right.

I just recently took the old parts out of the storage bin and corrected the clock spring and the pump looks good...

haha I`ve done my share in the past posting on watercraft sites, not so much these days.
Posted that on PWCT bc there are a ton of members there...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back