replaced car battery today

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my escalade, I put the OEM AC delco battery on a charger overnight and it did not hold a charge. I priced new car batteries at the local auto parts stores and they all ranged from $115 - $150 for their store brands batteries that fit the escalade. I went to Costco and they had Interstate car battery for $83. I don't think you can beat that deal so I bought it. I did not feel like checking Wal-Mart car battery prices as I did not want to be in Wal-Mart on a Saturday afternoon. And Sears is just too far from my house so no on Die-hard. I liked the oem delco battery as I got 8 years out of it, but the dealer wanted over $250 for a new one. your thoughts on interstate batteries?

Interstate batteries are very good in my opinion
i prefer the gold auto zone or advance batteries because i get them for around $80.00 because we do a lot of business with them and if there is a problem i just bring it back for a new one.
As for sears forget them although in the 70's they were hard to beat.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Interstate is made by JCI as are many other brands. The Walmart MAXX is also made by JCI around Albany.

JCI is probably the top manufacturer around.

I don't know that I'd call them the "Top" manufacturer... Maybe the largest domestic manufacturer.

JCI does not make AGM batts though. JCI, Deka, and Odyssey are my top three brands.

Was the OE battery AGM? I never had a lead acid battery last more than 3-5 years.

Everything is good besides Exide or Super value chinese batteries. JCI, Deka, Odyssey all good stuff! If only i could score Superstart Deka batteries at O'reilly with good coupon codes i would go that route.

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
Costco batteries used to be guaranteed for a total 108 months-not anymore -only for 36 months now.That's why they cost less than others.

To be fair, that's what a lot of other companies do now too, most just have a two or three year warranty and that's it.

Exide has filed bankruptcy twice,changed their warranties to 20/30 month free replacement with no 60/75 month pro rates and dropped spiral cells for supposed "superior" flat plate AGM.There's an old name in batteries withering on the vine.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
your thoughts on interstate batteries?

I've used Interstate batteries in everything I own for at least 25 years-probably longer than that.

Everyone touts the warranty of their favorite brand of battery, but I've never had to worry about that with Interstate batteries. In the entire time I've used them, I've never had a battery fail prematurely. I've never had a vehicle not start because of the battery, I've never needed jump started.

I load test all of the batteries in my vehicles each fall. Any questionable battery is replaced before winter. Again, I've never had an Interstate battery fail the load test within it's rated lifespan. Needless to say I've been satisfied, and when it comes time to replace them I won't waste time shopping around-I'll go right to Interstate.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Everything is good besides Exide or Super value chinese batteries. JCI, Deka, Odyssey all good stuff! If only i could score Superstart Deka batteries at O'reilly with good coupon codes i would go that route.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Exide has filed bankruptcy twice,changed their warranties to 20/30 month free replacement with no 60/75 month pro rates and dropped spiral cells for supposed "superior" flat plate AGM.There's an old name in batteries withering on the vine.

So what your saying is I shouldn't consider the Exide batteries I seen on sale at menards for $74.99. Well saves me from having to do any searching or reading.

Originally Posted By: Scott_mi

So what your saying is I shouldn't consider the Exide batteries I seen on sale at menards for $74.99. Well saves me from having to do any searching or reading.

All the Exide batteries that I have purchased in the past have "sweated" and are always wet on the top and will quickly corrode your battery clamps or the hold-down bolts. YMMV.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: Scott_mi

All the Exide batteries that I have purchased in the past have "sweated" and are always wet on the top and will quickly corrode your battery clamps or the hold-down bolts. YMMV.

Yep the Exide I have in my Taurus gets wet on top or corrodes the terminals very fast. Unfortunately I was forced to buy it many years ago when Walmart was the only place opened and they didn't have JCI back in 2009.

After fully charging it and load testing it's only a little over 450 cranking amps rated 580. I guess I should be happy it lasted this long but not without lots of terminal cleanings.

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
JCI does not make AGM batts though. JCI, Deka, and Odyssey are my top three brands.

Was the OE battery AGM? I never had a lead acid battery last more than 3-5 years.

JCI bought out Optima several years ago, so they do sell AGM batteries.

On my escalade, I put the OEM AC delco battery on a charger overnight and it did not hold a charge. I priced new car batteries at the local auto parts stores and they all ranged from $115 - $150 for their store brands batteries that fit the escalade. I went to Costco and they had Interstate car battery for $83. I don't think you can beat that deal so I bought it. I did not feel like checking Wal-Mart car battery prices as I did not want to be in Wal-Mart on a Saturday afternoon. And Sears is just too far from my house so no on Die-hard. I liked the oem delco battery as I got 8 years out of it, but the dealer wanted over $250 for a new one. your thoughts on interstate batteries?

barkingspider,

I've read on Consumer Reports long ago that Interstate batteries are excellent batteries. They should last a long time for you.

Durango

The funny thing about newer ACDelco batteries is that they sometimes take a JCI battery are write their name on it.

I don't know if that happened in your car, but I have seen it in other cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back