Fram Ultra vs Bosch Distance Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both are fine filters if you are pushing extended drains, whichever you find cheaper and are planning to use 10K+.

I prefer Bosch, because it sounds better. Im gonna run a Purolator Synthetic next time.

Either is fine.

Last edited:
Yes according to an oil filter study that someone posted some time ago from a chevy truck forum only Amsoil and Royal Purple were better than Fram ultra and only by a marginal/neglegable difference. I just bought 2 XG30's off of Amazon for my 2nd gen chevy small block 350 and I cant wait till they arrive.

Go with whatever is cheaper....I like that FRAM guarantees the 10k interval on theirs.....though the Bosch are DISCTINCLY heavier....lol.....compare an equivalent filter side by side, the Bosch is waaaaayyyy beefy-er
wink.gif
Don't know if it's "all the metal" they use (do the end caps really make that big of a difference? lol) or what.....

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Don't know if it's "all the metal" they use (do the end caps really make that big of a difference? lol) or what.....

The ULTRA has metal end caps too.

I think they advertise the Ultra for 15k now too, it's predecessor the Extended Guard was advertised as a 10k filter I think.

I use the Bosch on 4 different engines. why? I discovered that Bosch has larger holes in it for oil flow. It even flows better then a WIX.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Go with whatever is cheaper....I like that FRAM guarantees the 10k interval on theirs.....though the Bosch are DISCTINCLY heavier....lol.....compare an equivalent filter side by side, the Bosch is waaaaayyyy beefy-er
wink.gif

It's all the metal they use in the can. My big truck NAPA filter wrench can't put a dent in one of those things. It's why my Ram and Charger still have D+ filters.

My Ram, however, is about to go to a Baldwin dualflow filter. Charger is going to keep using double D+ filters on its remote mount base.

Originally Posted By: jrtribology
Yes according to an oil filter study that someone posted some time ago from a chevy truck forum only Amsoil and Royal Purple were better than Fram ultra and only by a marginal/neglegable difference. I just bought 2 XG30's off of Amazon for my 2nd gen chevy small block 350 and I cant wait till they arrive.

Try the XG5 for an oversize. It's what I use on my Caprice 350.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back