Valvoline Maxlife VF2 cut open; pics included

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally cut open the Valvoline Maxlife filter that I've had lying around.

The filter was used on a 1997 Ford Expedition 4.6L. The filter was in service from Oct. 23 - Dec. 26, 2005, for a total of 5350 miles. This included one trip from North Alabama to Disney World & back.

There was no funny business going on with this filter; it was just an intact, oily, used filter. Overall, I was very pleased with it's quality of materials & construction. As far as what filter media this is , that's anybody's guess. There were a total of 68 or 69 pleats.

Enjoy the pics. Questions and/or comments welcome.

-

-

-

-

One more thing I forgot to mention; this #VF2 Maxlife filter has a dome-end bypass valve. This makes no difference to me, but I know some of you don't particularly like that type of bpv.

I'm going to run a Pure One on this vehicle the next time I change the oil. Then I'll cut it open & compare the # of pleats, so we can have a decent comparison of this & a Pure One.

It looks like a regular Purolator Premium Plus with better media.

Have you tested the ADBV to see how well it operates ?

As always, if it was made by Purolator......its gonna be a quality oil filter.
smile.gif

As far as the ADBV goes, the filter was full of oil when I removed it. It stayed full when placed over a drain pan. I had to take a screwdriver & move the ADBV to the side to get the oil to drain out.

No, I haven't checked the BPV function; to be honest, I don't really know how to test the BPV on this filter. I've still got the filter, & would be happy to test the BPV pressure if you'll tell me how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back