New Joe Bonomassa song and album

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favorite blues guitarists Joe Bonomassa has a new album coming out next week, "Different Shades of Blue". Here is the official Youtube video for the title track. There is some excellent blues guitar work here, but Joe himself looks a bit tired and older in the video. That is probably from constant touring, rehearsing, writing and recording.

I had posted this a couple days ago but I posted the entire Youtube link with the Youtube comments and as usual on Youtube there was some profanity and flaming in the comments. I did not realize it until it was too late to delete the post so I asked the mods to remove the post. Today I learned how to embed the video and post it without any comments, so here it is. You can also download a free 256 kbps MP3 of the song on Joe's website.

JB is a great guitarist, absolutely one of the best blues players I have ever heard. You can buy the entire album on MP3Million for only 88 cents, it just went on sale today. The street date for it here in the USA is Sept. 23rd.

One of my favorite musicians as well. I have a few of his CDs that I listen to constantly. "So Many Roads" is right up there with one of my favorites, especially the live version on Live from Nowhere in Particular. It's "Bonamassa", btw.
smile.gif

Thanks for posting! Joe is one my favs as well and I listen to him a fair bit via Pandora. I just love the sound of that Les Paul. In fact, "So Many Roads" is a great example of that sound.

I've seen him twice in concert and aim to see him many more times!

As the comment about him looking older, possibly due to the touring, well I wouldn't doubt it. Jeeze, that guy has to live out of a motel! I'd be surprised if he even has a house... I swear he has to be some kind of a meld bewteen man and machine to be able to play and tour like that. And not just with his own band- heck he is associated with what? Three or four other artists/groups?

I have seen a few JB concerts on Palladia. I had never heard of him until I was flipping TV channels one night last year and caught most of his concert from the Beacon Theater on Palladia. JB reminds me a lot of Gary Moore, one of my other favorite blues players. When I stumbled on to the Beacon Theater show, Joe had just started his cover of Gary Moore's "Midnight Blues". My jaw dropped when I heard Joe's playing and after the show I went online to find out more about him. It is sad that Gary Moore is gone now but he still lives on in Youtube and other formats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back