Castrol Edge (Black Bottle) now with titanium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the local Walmart stocking up on Castrol 0w40 for Terrain and noticed no Castrol Edge Gold on the shelves but noticed the Edge black bottles with term titanium fluid strength on them. They combine brands?

Yup, me too. nice...

I don't think the addition of the Ti makes it Extended Perfomance though.

Can't say i recall if they do or don't still ref Syntec. I was fixated on the Ti being something new.
shocked2.gif

It states on the back label "formerly syntec" same here fixated on the Ti didn't notice it mentioned on the front label...sorry wasn't carrying my phone to take a pic.

Gonna swing by chinamart later today... I'll see if mine has it.

From Castrol's US website:

Quote:
Castrol EDGE is now Titanium Strong

A new oil technology from Castrol, Fluid Titanium Technology, doubles the strength of Castrol EDGE.* It’s now three times stronger against viscosity breakdown than conventional oil (Mobil 1 EP).** The unique titanium technology physically changes the way oil behaves under extreme pressures. In industry standard tests, Castrol EDGE with Fluid Titanium has doubled its film strength, preventing oil from breaking down and reducing friction to maximize engine performance.

Are they saying that M1 EP is mineral oil??? XOM is going to have a hissy fit over this.
crackmeup2.gif

Interestingly, look at the URL - it still says "castrol-edge-no-titanium". LOL!

http://www.castrol.com/en_us/united-states/products/car/engine-oils/castrol-edge-no-titanium.html

For all those junkies needing a titanium fix who can't find Kendall...might be a alternative. One last OCI of GC and this is going in Sierra next.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Gonna swing by chinamart later today... I'll see if mine has it.

From Castrol's US website:

Quote:
Castrol EDGE is now Titanium Strong

A new oil technology from Castrol, Fluid Titanium Technology, doubles the strength of Castrol EDGE.* It’s now three times stronger against viscosity breakdown than conventional oil (Mobil 1 EP).** The unique titanium technology physically changes the way oil behaves under extreme pressures. In industry standard tests, Castrol EDGE with Fluid Titanium has doubled its film strength, preventing oil from breaking down and reducing friction to maximize engine performance.

Are they saying that M1 EP is mineral oil??? XOM is going to have a hissy fit over this.
crackmeup2.gif

Interestingly, look at the URL - it still says "castrol-edge-no-titanium". LOL!

http://www.castrol.com/en_us/united-states/products/car/engine-oils/castrol-edge-no-titanium.html

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
P1010357.jpg

P1010360.jpg

Yup, same one.

Wait, has anyone seen the 0w40 bottles with Titanium?

I just got 2 jugs a few weeks ago and mine are still the older bottles.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Wait, has anyone seen the 0w40 bottles with Titanium?

Nope. At my walmart, only the 5w-30 jugs mentioned titanium.

So just like Pennzoil where Euro oil is Platinum now and not Ultra, Castrol's Euro oil is not considered in the top tier.

But these new bottles / new product explain the reduced price and / or $5 Walmart coupon from a few weeks back.

Originally Posted By: Apollo14
Castrol's Euro oil is not considered in the top tier.

Depends on how you look at it. To me, the Euro grades are actually the best Castrol (and SOPUS) has to offer since they meet the most stringent mfg specs there are. Who cares what Castrol (and SOPUS) calls it on the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back