Oil for generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outside air temp where I live can span -20 to +100 F. In a calendar year. My whole site stand by system , Generac, recommends 5/30. Is there a better recommendation or does the system manufacturer recommended oil make the best sense?

I live in about the same climate as you, and I also have a Generac standby generator. 5W-30 works fine, why do you suspect that it wouldn't?

This isn't your first thread on the exact same subject, aren't you getting the answers you want?

Originally Posted By: LILGUY
The outside air temp where I live can span -20 to +100 F. In a calendar year. My whole site stand by system , Generac, recommends 5/30. Is there a better recommendation or does the system manufacturer recommended oil make the best sense?

A 5w40 like Rotella T6 would be better at the high temps and still have your 5w for winter starting. If you got with a 5w30, get a good quality synthetic and keep an eye on your oil level.

A good friend of mine is a Generac tech. He uses M1 5-30 in all his service oil changes. He tells me he never sees oil levels low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back