2006 Dodge Charger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
5. WCM -> Update to TPMS for winter tires with no sensors.

What do they do with that? Can the dealer disable TPMS up here?
wink.gif

Among other things. This particular PCM has an outrageous amount of flexibility...

Yeah, this was one of the major advantages of buying an actual Chrysler product. The service manager is my buddy so I can just grab the tool, hook-up to the car and go to town and he doesn't care. Many of these updates were '08/'09 vintage and were obviously never done.

Yeah, this was one of the major advantages of buying an actual Chrysler product. The service manager is my buddy so I can just grab the tool, hook-up to the car and go to town and he doesn't care. Many of these updates were '08/'09 vintage and were obviously never done.

When i recently had the scanner hooked up to my car there were a lot of odd "phantom" codes for strange stuff. It logs everything no matter how minor...

4. AMP -> Update to address distortion at high volumes/high bass

Heh... I've only recently learned that many car audio systems do this these days. They are programmed to reduce bass output at high volume levels so that it does not sound distorted. And then it becomes an issue if you're trying to install an aftermarket subwoofer that takes speaker level signal.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

When i recently had the scanner hooked up to my car there were a lot of odd "phantom" codes for strange stuff. It logs everything no matter how minor...

Yup. Do you have access to the updates?

Yup. Do you have access to the updates?

Nope, and I don't want 'em.

My car is an early build when Chrysler used parts straight out of the Daimler bin and built them 3 at a time in special batches that went down the line at Brampton with SRT people present to supervise assembly. Build quality is great on the early ones.

One of the noted differences between early 6.1's (before September 05 production date) and later models is the programming. Mine is very aggressive, runs better than most others, and I wouldn't change a thing!

One of the noted differences between early 6.1's (before September 05 production date) and later models is the programming. Mine is very aggressive, runs better than most others, and I wouldn't change a thing!

Ahhhh, gotcha! I am doubting the same happened with the 5.7L, LOL
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Be aware: you CANNOT go down on wheel size for snows. 17's will not clear the R/T's front brakes. My Magnum was darn near unstoppable on 225/60R18 Winterforces.

Also, some cars of that era had aluminum wheels that tended to have the finish flake off...if you find a set of those, they might be cheaper than steelies. (And if it's for snows...who cares?)

Yes, the dealer advised me of that. There are specific steelies they get for these cars and so that's the route we are going.

Black steelies with the chrome hub cover/cap looks nice - a la police interceptor.

Hey Overkill

Does your car have automatic headlights.
If it's got the sensor on the dash,right in the middle,then your car has auto headlights,even if it's not marked on the light dial.
If you cut a piece of the back of the headlight dial out so it will turn counter clockwise 1 notch that's what engages auto headlights.
Seems Chrysler wasn't paying for 2 different light switches,so every charger got the kind that works the auto headlights,but wasn't marked on the dial.
I can send you a pic of what I did to mine to make auto headlights engage.

What does the sensor look like? Got a pic of that?

Also, how loud is your car Clevy? I'm sort of (pleasantly) surprised at how loud this thing is. Has quite the growl.

I have the option sheet for the car and it has some funny stuff on it like:

1. Performance steering
2. Springs (ZBGP/ZYUP/ZKUP/ZPGP)
3. Road/Track Performance Group (knew it had that)
4. 4 Wheel Independent Performance Suspension
5. High Speed Engine Controller
6. Load Levelling and Height Control

I assume some of those (and other stuff on the sheet) are part of #3 on the list.

K.

The sensor should be dead center of the dash up close to where the window meets at the bottom.

If you have dual zone climate controls you've got that sensor. The key to make auto headlight function is to pull off the round headlight knob.
Once removed you'll see how the moulded knob has........

K. Never mind explaining. I'll take a pic of mine and email it to you.

Is yours the Daytona?

Mine still has the stock dual exhaust and I love the fact that putting around town it's very quiet,until you floor it then it's got a beautiful growl.
Height controls?
Where do you find those?

I'm not sure what options mine got sent with. Where is the number that explains the options and so on. Is that the one in the door?

High speed engine control?

Any ideas what that means?

High speed engine controller simply means the speed limiter is raised from the factory, and ships with better tires. You also get a slightly improved intake snoot.

Load leveling is Nivomats, wonderful german parts that self level without any external connections! They use the road motion to pump themselves up, the car won't sag in the bum even with 5 adults and luggage!

High speed engine controller simply means the speed limiter is raised from the factory, and ships with better tires. You also get a slightly improved intake snoot.

Load leveling is Nivomats, wonderful german parts that self level without any external connections! They use the road motion to pump themselves up, the car won't sag in the bum even with 5 adults and luggage!

Is that the 10HP bump they talk about between the packages? Stock is 340HP and the "updated" intake one is 350HP
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Clevy
K.

If you have dual zone climate controls you've got that sensor. The key to make auto headlight function is to pull off the round headlight knob.
Once removed you'll see how the moulded knob has........

Yes, it has the dual zone climate control. I'll look for the sensor
smile.gif

Quote:
K. Never mind explaining. I'll take a pic of mine and email it to you.

Even better!

Quote:
Is yours the Daytona?

Nope, just has most of the Daytona options on it apparently
21.gif

Mine still has the stock dual exhaust and I love the fact that putting around town it's very quiet,until you floor it then it's got a beautiful growl.

Yeah, the exhaust I assume is stock. But the Daytona got slightly louder exhaust, and I'm wondering if that's also part of the #3 package. I don't know, that's why I asked
smile.gif

I'm not sure what options mine got sent with. Where is the number that explains the options and so on. Is that the one in the door?

High speed engine control?

Any ideas what that means?

Steve answered the questions but regarding the option sheet you just bring your VIN into your Chrysler dealer and they'll print the build sheet for your car, that's what I did.

Is that the 10HP bump they talk about between the packages? Stock is 340HP and the "updated" intake one is 350HP
21.gif

Yep, part of it is a higher performance tune and the rest is the updated intake snoot...

Chrysler makes the best MDS I've seen in any other make. FWIW my Challenger doesn't get any better mileage than that with a V-6, and I have to use 89 octane to average 26 mpg overall. Have been thinking about playing around with an ethanol mix of about 20-25%, as E-85 is available in this area and supposedly the computer will adjust for a 25-30% blend before it sets the CEL. Best mileage was 30, worst 23. Nice ride.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Looks good, I would have bought an Accord.

No you wouldn't have.
Not from this dealer, and not under these circumstances that were involved, anyway.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back