Color printer suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rat407
Thanks for all the replies. I need to research some more. Not sure if I want to go with a laser or injet. It is amazing that you can buy an injet for $48 and then when it is time to get ink, that can cost you $30 a cartridge. It's a scam
smile.gif

Printers are like new video game consoles. They give away or even lose money the console and make the money off the games. A set of 5 ink cartridges for my Canon all in one are $80+ from Canon. Off brand cartridges from Amazon, $12.50 shipped. It pays to find a printer that can use outlaw ink.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: Rat407
Thanks for all the replies. I need to research some more. Not sure if I want to go with a laser or injet. It is amazing that you can buy an injet for $48 and then when it is time to get ink, that can cost you $30 a cartridge. It's a scam
smile.gif

Printers are like new video game consoles. They give away or even lose money the console and make the money off the games. A set of 5 ink cartridges for my Canon all in one are $80+ from Canon. Off brand cartridges from Amazon, $12.50 shipped. It pays to find a printer that can use outlaw ink.

What is the model name/numbers of your Canon?

Pixma MX922 is the all in one. My old printer is an ip4300 I think. Cartridges for it are even cheaper but I'll probably retire it once my current stash runs out.

Product specs lists various paper sizes for printing. But it doesn't mention envelopes, which I print-on for adding addresses to Greeting Cards. So is the lack of mentioning envelopes something they missed (didn't include) in the product details?

It's not the best at dealing with envelopes. You have to take out the paper from the bottom tray and readjust for envelopes. If you occasionally print envelopes it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back