Cam2 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hear much about Cam2 oil on here I was wondering who makes it I noticed it in a store in both a simi synthetic and a full synthetic is it good to go?

It was a regular passenger car oil and they had 5w30 in either a Synthetic blend or full synthetic. Seems to meet all the current specs according to the bottle that is? Full synthetic is in a silver gray bottle ad the simi syn is in a red bottle. I was wondering who blends it for them?

Originally Posted By: JDW
I for one have not seen that oil since the 70s.

+1

I just checked out the web from the link provided. I would be interested at the right price. It certainly doesn't have a wide distribution anywhere I shop (Canada, Pacific NW).

Nothing wrong with CAM2 oil. It is hard to find but I'm running CAM2 oil in all four of my cars.

Originally Posted By: Blokey
Nothing wrong with CAM2 oil. It is hard to find but I'm running CAM2 oil in all four of my cars.

I haven't seen Cam2 oil on a store shelf in about 30 years. I know the blender is in Colorado, and they bottle several products, but the website doesn't even list distributors if you wanted to buy some. Where did you find yours?

I think Smittys now blends it
I work for the company that makes all of the corrugated boxes for Smittys and my salesman said that Smittys just got the contract for Cam2

I just noticed that they have two Euro formulas, with the 5W-40 meeting MB 229.5, but then there PDS shows a NOACK of 13%.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back