Maxlife Dex/Merc in a 6F35 (Ford Fusion) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a '12 Fusion, the 6F35 is decent. ONce in a while I"ll get a harsh shift, but it's kinda rare.
I dug out my mityvac and drew out about 5 quarts of tranny fluid and refilled with LV. Did the same thing about 2 weeks later and 2 weeks after that.
The fluid is now a nice red color, and I added a bottle of LG Platnum, just because it made me feel better.

My biggest gripe about this tranny is that it takes to long to hunt for a passing gear. when I'm in stop/go traffic, it's fine, when there's an opening to get into, you romp on the gas and the engine revs and the tranny begins to try and figure out why it has to wake up all of a sudden!

I had a concern last week, the weather was HOT, wind was HOT, was just HOT. I was not only in stop/go traffic, I was driving up hills, moving slowly, etc..
When this tranny shifted, I began to feel little thumps as it shifted which I never had before.
I attributed it to the fluid being way to stressed/hot. As soon as I got the freeway and started to cruise, everything was ok about a half hour later. I'm HOPING my guess is right.

I trust the Maxlife fluids, however, I saw nothing wrong with LV. I'm debating going to Redline D6.
Also been debating on how/where to mount an external tranny cooler. Getting to the rubber hose on the existing cooler line isn't easy to get to, let alone running 2 hoses through. It's very compacted.

I've yet to hear anyone, anywhere rave about the shifting intelligence of '12 Fusions.

I test drove a few Fords last year just for grins, I kept asking the sales dude 'what the heck is it doing?' including the coast-downhill-in-neutral-and-watch-the-tach test (always fun). Wow you should have heard the fast talking.

Originally Posted By: EricF
I have a '12 Fusion, the 6F35 is decent. ONce in a while I"ll get a harsh shift, but it's kinda rare.
I dug out my mityvac and drew out about 5 quarts of tranny fluid and refilled with LV. Did the same thing about 2 weeks later and 2 weeks after that.
The fluid is now a nice red color, and I added a bottle of LG Platnum, just because it made me feel better.

My biggest gripe about this tranny is that it takes to long to hunt for a passing gear. when I'm in stop/go traffic, it's fine, when there's an opening to get into, you romp on the gas and the engine revs and the tranny begins to try and figure out why it has to wake up all of a sudden!

I had a concern last week, the weather was HOT, wind was HOT, was just HOT. I was not only in stop/go traffic, I was driving up hills, moving slowly, etc..
When this tranny shifted, I began to feel little thumps as it shifted which I never had before.
I attributed it to the fluid being way to stressed/hot. As soon as I got the freeway and started to cruise, everything was ok about a half hour later. I'm HOPING my guess is right.

I trust the Maxlife fluids, however, I saw nothing wrong with LV. I'm debating going to Redline D6.
Also been debating on how/where to mount an external tranny cooler. Getting to the rubber hose on the existing cooler line isn't easy to get to, let alone running 2 hoses through. It's very compacted.

Really? Seems Ford used to be the master of including super large external air/fluid trans coolers on all of their cars. Is this a practice that has ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back