Fox Mustang Heater Core Issues-Stop-leak work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Striker
So the question is, can I still do your method if I have the AC condenser in the HVAC box?

Are the lines still popping through the firewall? Got a pic you could post of it?

Yep, I ended up cutting them off tho, like one inch from the firewall. Looks like [censored] but they're gone.

Then it should be basically the same process as I detailed
smile.gif

Just found these pics:

p62575_image_large.jpg

p62570_image_large.jpg

Basically, as long as you can get the AC tubes inside the firewall (which you should be able to based on your description) and pull the assembly down, you'll be able to remove the heater core lid as I described through the glove box opening and and then the core itself.

The evaporator housing might make getting the lid/core out a tad more difficult, but it'll come. Will just take some additional fighting/swearing
grin.gif

Bad pic but here is what mine looks like.

https://plus.google.com/111055328975617289617/posts/24DfuaGdm35

Had to see but yeah, I think that'll go inside the car no problem. That's the reason you need to loosen the dash frame on the side, so that it gives you enough space to pull the tubes inside the car and let the assembly slide down toward the passenger side floorpan.

The one wont as there is a nut on there for the tubes (If I recall) but I'm willing to cut the AC lines even closer to the firewall if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back