So What Oil Filter Is Everyone Using ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fram tough guard is on my car now. I cut open the Purolator made Motorcraft that came off and it had no tears though. I actually intended on buying another MC but they were sold out at my local Walmart.

I am still using Purolator Oil Filters but, they're old(er) stock. I purchased them, ON SALE, W/Rebate and AAP DISCOUNT CODE#'s, which netted me 12 filters(6 Classic/6 PureONE) all for ~ $15 when all said & done. I still have several filter remaining!

I am working on this filter stash and will & have been cutting open each filter after the OCI is complete. Thus far, I have seen no irregularities with the filter can, gasket, By-Pass Valve, ADBV or it's media.

And too, the media looks better than the "cut open" pictures that we've seen here recently from other members. Meaning, more pleats, straighter media(not all wavey), thicker etc...just better looking!

When this stash is complete, I will then decide what filter(s) I will be using for the vehicles in my signature.

Last edited:
NAPA GOLD for me !
19.gif

Fram Ultra replaced the Pureones for me. It is just built better.

I took apart a PL20195 and it looked great, but the doubts just weren't worth having with other options available.

Originally Posted By: svhanc
Fram Ultra replaced the Pureones for me. It is just built better.

I took apart a PL20195 and it looked great, but the doubts just weren't worth having with other options available.

Yeah, I may start using the FRAM Ultra Filter when my Puro's are all used up. I would certainly run the Fram Ultra twice in my instances.

I do have 2 Drive Works(AAP) filters in my stash as well. I do like the density of these filter and the "Cut Open" pictures that I have seen here in the Oil Filter Section. Though reviews seem mixed on these filters but, they're a nice inexpensive alternative.

Whatever happens to be the least expensive when I purchase my oil. Right now (I think) there are 3 Fram Tough Guard and 1 Baldwin filters.

Fortunately I don't fret over oil or oil filters.

OEM, Mann, Mahle, Mobil 1, Wix Gold, Fram Ultra, Amsoil in no particular order.
I threw the last 2 Purolators and a Distance + i had hanging around away, i cant using something sketchy right out of the box.

I have Purolator PL14610s in stock and OEM Honda A02s in stock, and I'll use them all.

Since I prefer using filters that tear open and/or don't catch dirt smaller than the size of a large grain of sand, I'm thinking of skipping the oil filter altogether when I run out of these, and just install a recirculation loop...

I think oil filters are like underwear, basically they all do a good job, some snug up better.......................

Fram Ultra on the Camaro, but I also have a couple of Bosch Premium's that I got with the AZ oil change specials.

Fleetguard synthetic on the Cummins Dodge.

M1 on the Corvette.

Something cylindrical and metallic on the GMC 1500. I don't remember what's on it. I haven't changed the oil in that thing for 4 years.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I have Purolator PL14610s in stock and OEM Honda A02s in stock, and I'll use them all.

Since I prefer using filters that tear open and/or don't catch dirt smaller than the size of a large grain of sand, I'm thinking of skipping the oil filter altogether when I run out of these, and just install a recirculation loop...

I'm not sure whether to LOL or cringe!
smirk.gif

R-U-JK?
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back