Mobil 1 vs Edge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy

I haven't used the same oil consistently in any vehicle I've owned for years and every single one of them is spotless inside.
Now I'm not going to trash any brand or grade here,because today's certified products are basically equal across the board and therefore I seriously doubt switching brands that have the same certs will cause any deposit problems whatsoever,at least not on this planet.
I can find articles that state eating raw foods such as chicken and pork is more healthful than cooked,and I can find articles that say the exact opposite so to even bring that up as a point to shoot from is laughable at best.

Use whatever brand you like. If it is certified to meet the specs of the engine it's poured in I guarantee there won't be any problems.
Just ask Porsche. They state that if a brand if oil meet/approved by them then it's equal to any other that is approved by them.
Unless someone here wants to say they don't know what they are talking about.

Couldn't be stated any better than ^

Funny you ask about those specific oils. Both saw a hard run and high RPM's.
analysis_zps87a35b3a.jpg

2_zps0ae3a3a2.jpg

Having just sold a service van with half a million miles on it that ran perfectly on several brands of oils I can state that most folks will never realize anything more than a sense of satisfaction at using a particular brand name oil.

Most here change it way too early anyway. Modern brand name oils are very good, even in dino flavors. Synthetic no longer has a huge edge.

Pick one, service the vehicle at appropriate intervals for your use and expect long engine life...

That Castrol Edge EP seemed to offer something more than regular M1 in terms of longevity.

I have consistently seen better tbn retention with the Edge from UOA's on here, if that means anything. I prefer Mobil 1, but Edge is very good.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Having just sold a service van with half a million miles on it that ran perfectly on several brands of oils I can state that most folks will never realize anything more than a sense of satisfaction at using a particular brand name oil.

Most here change it way too early anyway. Modern brand name oils are very good, even in dino flavors. Synthetic no longer has a huge edge.

Pick one, service the vehicle at appropriate intervals for your use and expect long engine life...

Couldn't agree more.

I've used both of these oils and I will say I "gulp " liked the m1 better only because when cold the engine felt like it had a bit more spunk. Once up to operating temp I really didn't notice any difference.
The euro Castrol 0w-40 and the m1 0w-40 both meet the same specs so to be honest I doubt there is any real operational differences between the 2 so buy whichever is cheaper.
They are both great products.

Originally Posted By: buster
I have consistently seen better tbn retention with the Edge from UOA's on here, if that means anything. I prefer Mobil 1, but Edge is very good.

Maybe it's ignoring the varnish?
27.gif

Originally Posted By: buster

To be fair regarding the TBN retention qualities of each oil, of the UOA's that I posted, only the Edge was an extended oil drain interval rated oil, and the regular Mobil 1 was not.

Originally Posted By: sky06
celica..

thank you..

I'm going to stop by walmart later tonight and pick up 2 bottles of it..

I got amazon to give me $10 off for using my "1 click checkout" with a citi card, so i got my 2 jugs of mobil 1 oils tax free for 35.32 shipped to my door! -24 dollars for rebate check, and I'm looking at 11.32 for 10 quartz of Mobil 1 (0W20/0W40), I love scoring full synthetic for dirt cheap!

Beat that Clevy, I'm sure Canada don't got those deals for you! lol

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
celica..

thank you..

I got amazon to give me $10 off for using my "1 click checkout" with a citi card, so i got my 2 jugs of mobil 1 oils tax free for 35.32 shipped to my door! -24 dollars for rebate check, and I'm looking at 11.32 for 10 quartz of Mobil 1 (0W20/0W40), I love scoring full synthetic for dirt cheap!

That is a heck of a deal. Anywhere else to get the rebate forms? I tried the link you posted earlier and it says "forbidden."

My Tundra has an 8 quart sump so this would be a great deal!

Originally Posted By: klt1986
celica..

thank you..

That is a heck of a deal. Anywhere else to get the rebate forms? I tried the link you posted earlier and it says "forbidden."

I will get you a link for the rebate forum later today.

Originally Posted By: klt1986
celica..

thank you..

Mobil 1 Rebate Forum

Does anyone know if the rebate will apply to Amazon purchases? They don't specifically list them as a participating retailer, but the list also includes All Car Automotive which has been out of business for at least 10 years now.

Slickdeals have finally updated the thread with an email received by a member confirming Amazon and Walmart are NOT participating retailers for the rebate.

Slickdeals is becoming more and more an advertising site.

Amazon does do M1 $12 rebates but you will see it on their website itself.

celica..

thank you..

Nope. Only in my wildest dreams could I get oil at those kinds of prices.
Best deal I ever got was ultra at 28 bucks per 5 litre jugs. I bought 14 of them. Went back the next day to buy more and the price had shot up to 71 a jug.
Next best deal I got was qsud at 22 a jug.
Well those are the best retail deals I ever got. A few years ago I drove by a yard sale and it seemed the wife had thrown out her old man and was selling his stuff.
I ended up with 300 or so quarts of amsoil,redline,royal purple,motul and m1 oils in various flavours including v-twin and 0w-40 grades.
I got that for 20 bucks.
I'm still using up that stock in various engines. The oil Gods shined their light on me that day for sure.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar

Does anyone know if the rebate will apply to Amazon purchases? They don't specifically list them as a participating retailer, but the list also includes All Car Automotive which has been out of business for at least 10 years now.

They will honor amazon & Walmart as well, a few of us called and confirmed.
We were told it's not a complete list, I already sent in my rebate!

thank you celica.

I just did the mail in rebate an hour ago.. should be here within a few weeks..

and I also called mobil, walmart is on the retailer list and they are good to go..

thanks for the heads up..

$25 for 10 quarts is a steal. .

one for the toyota, one for the lexus and I'm going to buy 0w40 next for the 55..

thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back