LIVID - Ford Denied warranty on our 14' Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought our 2014 Fusion in April, car has 3,200 miles on it(wife works nearby). About a month ago I noticed the trim on the center stack/console bubbling or peeling, and it's happening around the shifter well.

No problem, I'll schedule service with the dealer.they schedule me this past weekend, drop the car off and I am given a loaner. Get called later in the day to pick my car up, they need to order the parts and will let know when they are in. Get called today by the service manager, and he says ford denied it.they needed to submit images to the digitizer department and they claimed it was the fault of a petroleum based cleaner? I'm sol., denied etc.

Seriously? I don't know what caused it, didn't use anything different than I have in the past(duster, damp cloth) and leather cleaner which wouldn't touch the plastic trim inside with anyway. And if I did use a cleaner as they claimed, wouldn't the whole trim piece be affected?

After much talk with the manager and even Ford customer service I'm still out of luck. First time, in the hundreds of thousands of miles I've put on my cars that this happened. I've now resorted to reaching out via Twitter, email(share holders) and the bbb to have someone from higher up reach out me.

I don't believe it's right to have to fork out$600 on two pieces of trim. Sorry wanted to vent, first Ford purchase ever, abd dint want this to be indicative of the brand itself, just a really lousy way to deal with warranty.

Edited for horrible grammer on my phone

Last edited:
I would get a hold of someone at Ford corporate (preferably close to PR) and politely mention that you are going to cause a lot of stink on social media by showing what Ford's quality as well as customer service looks like, and give them a chance to respond. If they still ignore you, have at it.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Try a different dealer, you may have better luck.

Agreed; some dealers try to get out of warranty work. I have had a dealer tell me they do not get recompense from corporate for warranty work....

I would expect your dealer to jump in and fix it since the chance for him to ever sell another Ford to you hangs in the balance.
I notice your other vehicle is a Toyota . You might remind the dealer, and Fords 800 number that you really like Toyotas. As it is, you're a conquest sale, lost....

Keep at it and you'll eventually hit the right person who cares.

Pretty [censored] that you have to go through all the effort, though. I'd be quite [censored] as well.

Ford customer assistance 1-800-241-3673.

True digital imaging is used by Ford to determine if certain repairs are covered under warranty. However you should be able to appeal. There is a user on a couple Mustang forums called "Ford Customer Service" or something like that who works in that area for Ford.

I'm going to try a different dealer, but support said that it will still get submitted to their digital claims department.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Ford customer assistance 1-800-241-3673.

True digital imaging is used by Ford to determine if certain repairs are covered under warranty. However you should be able to appeal. There is a user on a couple Mustang forums called "Ford Customer Service" or something like that who works in that area for Ford.

I called them already and they have stated that I can try a different dealer, but in the end, they will still submit it. Off have no problem paying if the car was out if warranty, but it's practically brand new.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
I would expect your dealer to jump in and fix it since the chance for him to ever sell another Ford to you hangs in the balance.
I notice your other vehicle is a Toyota . You might remind the dealer, and Fords 800 number that you really like Toyotas. As it is, you're a conquest sale, lost....

I went over that route with the service manager, and he can't supposedly cover it(good will).

Hoping another dealer wants my business. I always heard good things from everyone hear on their good experiences, wish mine was one of them! Lol

Originally Posted By: Anies

Edited for horrible grammer on my phone

*grammar
Excuse me while I hide behind Quattro Pete.
smile.gif

Sorry this is happening to you. Do you have pix of this damage?

Go to another dealer and keep in touch with Ford Corporate. If the dash is peeling on a 5-6 month old car from even if you used a cleaner, then that part is garbage. I too would remind the dealer that you have a Toyota that's a little older and doesn't do this, why does the Ford?

Thanks for this information, I was considering going back to Ford for my next new vehicle. which would have been one of three
1) New alloy body f150
2) mustang.
3) fusion.
If this is the way Ford wants to do business, they have just lost mine, and your more than welcome to mention that to them for me. I'm really disgusted by this lack of customer care, on a car with less than 4000 miles.
Please keep us posted on this.

I'll post pics shortly.grabbing dinner atm. So mad, I'm going all out tonight, eating really bad tonight (honey barbeque chicken supermelt). lol

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Go to another dealer and keep in touch with Ford Corporate. If the dash is peeling on a 5-6 month old car from even if you used a cleaner, then that part is garbage. I too would remind the dealer that you have a Toyota that's a little older and doesn't do this, why does the Ford?

All my GM vehicles never did this, and they used some questionable plastic

Originally Posted By: Anies
I'll post pics shortly.grabbing dinner atm. So mad, I'm going all out tonight, eating really bad tonight (honey barbeque chicken supermelt). lol

Make sure to wash your hands first, if you were in contact with that bubbling trim. Who knows what it's made of.
smile.gif

That is some Bravo Sierra right there. No trim should be peeling on a new car. Period, end of story. I would raise holy he-double ll until something is done. Unless you used acid to clean it there should be no peeling.

The sending pics off to Ford is right. They replaces the tail lights on my SHO 2 times for peeling chrome. Each time the dealer had to send a bunch of pics off to Ford. The last replacement was just near 36k. So they do replace things. They do need to weed out the bogus claims but yours definitely is legit.

Last edited:
I believe that a few times a month the Ford rep visits each dealer. I would ask the dealer to tell you when it is and make an appt.

The dealers use to get some $$ each month to use for customer satisfaction warranty work. Like if your car was 2 miles over warranty, they would still cover it. But only the dealer that sold you the car would be likely to use it for you. Might need to push.

Tell them you will fix it with duct tape, and make a video of the vehicle and make sure it gets wide viewing.

They determined that you used some kind of cleaning fluid that damaged the trim by just looking at it? Interesting. Must be really cheap material. So, Ford is admitting that they make cars with extremely fragile and cheap material and one should avoid ever cleaning the interior with anything other than a slightly damp rag. The dealer is at least doing a service to the public by warning customers that they own a very delicate car. If you are reading this and own a late model Ford be very careful. You might be on your own if this is an example of how Ford does business. Maybe their motto is, "selling you a car is job one".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back