Things to do in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More specifically Niagara Falls and Toronto area..

The brother and I are planning a small trip next summer to see the falls and go up to Toronto. Our great grandfather's old 1960's Cessna is now owned by a skydiving company there so hopefully they would let us see it and get photos. I have to call and verify with them first. We are just in the dreaming stage.

Any other suggestions on stuff worth doing? I do plan on getting some Mobil Delvac while we're up there too.
laugh.gif

What are you into? You could go to Mosport, the ROM, tour Darlington or Pickering, you can check out the Lift Locks in Peterborough, the Warsaw caves, the Petroglyphs, go north to Muskoka and check out the antique and classic boat museum and tour on the Segwun...etc.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I have one, but he does not.

Will need it to re-enter the US.

The CN tower is interesting, and the surrounding downtown area has many things to do. It has been awhile since I was there, but the several tourism offices and hotels can point you in the right direction. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Eat poutine. It may not be as common outside of Quebec, I don't know. Good stuff though...fries, gravy, and cheese curds.

Oh, it is very popular everywhere here. He can hit any "The Works" in the GTA and be absolutely buried in Poutine variety
grin.gif

Some states you can get an enhanced ID (drivers license) that will act as a passport for Canada. If you can get one in your state they are much quicker to get than a full blown passport.

Hello, There's a "Butterfly Museum" 2.5 miles outside of Niagara Falls. It is a beautiful greenhouse in which flowers are grown. They release butterflies to pollenate the plants. It is absolutely FIRST CLASS. Wherever or however you live you'll want to tear down your house and build THAT VERY green house to live in.

Sorta reminds me of the marble exhibit in Proctor, Vermont. It's so beautiful you'll want marble in every room.

Nearby, in Niagara-by-the-Lake, is a great old, small "country club". It's a restaurant where I had one of the best lunches in my life.

Bon Voyage', Kira (and don't tell me they're going to Ontario and that only people from Quebec say bon voyage'). K

I just spent the day at Canada'a Wonderland with the kids last weekend. I'll tell you what, if you want to have an adrenaline fix short of skydiving go on the "Leviathan" & "Behemoth" roller coasters. My 10 year old daughter and I bought a fast lane pass and went on them 18 times in a row! Never been the same since... in a good way
grin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0ASWKwQwzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgsbau5qkTE

There is loads to do in the Niagara - Toronto corridor. If you're a wine lover check out:

http://www.vqaontario.ca/Wineries

My wife and I have family down on the peninsula and just love visiting.

nothing much

build igloos, eat poutine, seal clubbing...you know, jsut the normal stuff

btw, don't bother with Delvac, you can get cheaper oil that's similar in performance for cheaper at your local WM

You can come up and help us complain about the weather, then when we are done with that complain that Winter tires up here cost twice as much as down in the States.

You can then marvel at our 5.50$ a gallon gas and our lousey roads.

Lots to do up here for sure!

Oh, and drinking... Well, the prices for our booze will sober you up quick!

You like to smoke? You better pray that they kill you in one pack because you'll be too broke to afford the second!

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
nothing much

build igloos, eat poutine, seal clubbing...you know, jsut the normal stuff

btw, don't bother with Delvac, you can get cheaper oil that's similar in performance for cheaper at your local WM

That all sounds very fun.
laugh.gif

Delvac does look like it would be half our fuel cost for a "1 gallon" jug. Maybe Ill just buy a "quart" for a souvenir. We will definitely check out a Canadian Tire store though.

*It doesn't take much to keep us entertained. The plane will be the highlight of the trip.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Falken
You can come up and help us complain about the weather, then when we are done with that complain that Winter tires up here cost twice as much as down in the States.

You can then marvel at our 5.50$ a gallon gas and our lousey roads.

Lots to do up here for sure!

Oh, and drinking... Well, the prices for our booze will sober you up quick!

You like to smoke? You better pray that they kill you in one pack because you'll be too broke to afford the second!

Tourism Canada has a job for you!
crackmeup2.gif
08.gif

Have some poutine, buy some maple syrup, and remember that road speeds are in KM/H and not MPH! In Toronto you will notice that most people are Asian immigrants. Try some of their cuisine.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
According to Overkill, you will be captured by ISIS and beheaded. Don't go to Canada.

No no, that's if you go to Australia
wink.gif
Certain Canadians are just concerned that it may eventually happen here, and some dude from CSIS seems to feel it is "inevitable". YMMV of course
grin.gif

I posted earlier about some things he could do on his visit. Getting beheaded, whilst all the rage in Game of Thrones, isn't one of them.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Delvac does look like it would be half our fuel cost for a "1 gallon" jug. Maybe Ill just buy a "quart" for a souvenir. We will definitely check out a Canadian Tire store though.

The Delvac 1 at a distributor will be half of CT's price, which brings it much more in line with U.S. motor oil prices. CT's oil prices could be hard on your heart.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Have some poutine, buy some maple syrup, and remember that road speeds are in KM/H and not MPH! In Toronto you will notice that most people are Asian immigrants. Try some of their cuisine.

This is true. I knew they were metric, but I didnt take the road signs into consideration as well. Do people ever drive slightly over the speed limit there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back