Tire wear monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, but is it really needed?

People who do their own maintenance are typically pretty good at checking other basic stuff like tread depth.

And people who don't do their own maintenance - well, the shop normally inspects your tires for you during service visits.

Then there is the issue with cars that have serious negative camber and wear tires unevenly "by design." Will this system complain, even though I'm well aware my tires are wearing unevenly? I sure hope you can opt out of it.
smile.gif

Great. More coddling for people that do nothing on their own behalf, to do even less on their own behalf, and be.less responsible for.their own existence.

Interesting tech though.

Last edited:
Gads. If our Gov finds out they will mandate it. Pretty soon id10t individuals will not even need to check their tires at all. Ed

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Eddie
Gads. If our Gov finds out they will mandate it. Pretty soon id10t individuals will not even need to check their tires at all. Ed

I hate to break it to you, but most people don't check their tires--ever. Whatever you may think of those people, you're sharing the road with them!

I think it's interesting but there are some pretty big limitations to Conti's approach, the biggest being the variations in road surface Crr. It would be annoying to have a warning light on the dash just because I'm driving on a road that's smoother than normal....

Amen......
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Great. More coddling for people that do nothing on their own behalf, to do even less on their own behalf, and be.less responsible for.their own existence.

Interesting tech though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back