BG 109 EPR for stuck rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'll take this task up. Found (2) cans of dust covered BG109 in Haddam CT and have run 1 can thru for 15 minutes as instructed (ok, i went a little longer) My consumption can be up to about 1qt / 1k miles and at this point willing to try just about anything to milk another (3) years out of my echo.

I'm @ about 440 miles now; down a bit, but i'm not taking a lot of measurements. If I get to 2K without adding a whole qt, i will be sure it has contributed a bit to reducing consumption.

Do take care and I suggest you run moderately for the next few thousands. Also perhaps do another change as some debris might still be dislodging.

I am selling my sweet bella now for parts or for someone to rebuild the engine. Getting me a sensible Nissan Micra. 1.2 Liter 3 pot that roars like a chiwawa on chipotle.

My next Alfa will be either Busso or Nord based. Never again a FIAT block with butter shells and sugar crank.

There's nothing in place on the computer to prevent it from overrevving when you accidentally downshift the automatic transmission too much?

There is. It automatically upshifts when at the red line. Not enough to prevent damage from multiple points of failure and/or hystersis. After all, this is the first production robot in the world and just the second SW ver. Also, it is Italian...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Alfa_Hadera
3 pot that roars like a chiwawa on chipotle.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back