Spin on coolant filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about the hydraulic base, what thread does it have?

Baldwin has coolant specific filters such as the B5134 but it's in a 11/16-16 thread. I'd be wary of lube specific filters in aqueous environments.

I guess that depends on what thread you need.

I have a Baldwin Filter CFB5000 Coolant Filter Base it uses Baldwin coolant filters that have an 11/16" x 16 thread. There are many Baldwin coolant filters.

I got mine here.

http://www.adiesel.com/search.php?searchtext=coolant%&page=3

I got mine a while ago and have never installed it for various reason. I was thinking about doing it now on another car. The fittings are on 3/8" but I do have a 3/8" bypass hose I can use.

How often do you change the filters? I have three of the filters. Probably change them with the coolant every couple years?

coolant-filter-and-mount-sep.jpg

coolant-filter-and-mount.jpg

coolant-filter-and-mount.back.jpg

Start with 1k miles, then 5k, and after that, every 25k. IF it stops getting hot, or the return line stops getting hot, definitely change it. You'll be surprised at the garbage it gets out of there.

They're installed as bypass filters, so you have no worries about it plugging your system.

Here's how I installed mine. The small hoses are normally from the upper hose to the water pump bypassing the radiator. The t-stat is on the lower hose and is connected to the water pump. The good thing about my situation is the small hose normally goes through the solid PS pump mount. Heating up the pump. Hyundai did this I think to protect the hose for the turbo heat, at least that's the only thing u I can think of.

coolant-filter.jpg

coolant-filter2.jpg

And the small outlet on the filter.

coolant-filter-restrictor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back