Tricks to opening door on '90 Buick LeSabre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anybody has done this before-mother in law's old LeSabre won't open the drivers front door with inside nor outside handles when unlocked. Any tricks (other than destroying the inside door panel) to getting it open?

More than likely the pot metal broke in the inside handle; you can probably take that out seperately from the door panel, and check out the rods and stuff in there through that hole.

Sounds like she'll be entering the car the way the Dukes of Hazzard entered the General Lee...through the window feet first!!!!

Roll the window down and jam a piece or two of wood shim in there to open the gap, take a long screwdriver and try to pop the latch mechanism lever.
Depending on where the window is in relation to the latch you might have to get it from the outside. Use a strong narrow beam flashlight.

You should be able to get it this was but its going to take time and patience.

My tip, other than googling it, is bring the car to the wreckers and park it beside one there, and take their door apart to see what's going on and then you can buy whatever you break fixing your door...

My tracker rear hatch stuck closed, and even after removing the panel from the inside, I still couldn't see why it didn't work.
Then I went to the wreckers and looked at theirs, still couldn't figure out why my door latch wasn't opening(everything visible moved the same)...
So I just bought the whole wrecker door for $60, went home and 5 minutes with the angle grinder had my door open, then just swapped the lock and put on the wrecker door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back