2006 Dodge Charger R/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I don't know. The FRAM cross is the XG16

That's the MO-090. Good for you: standard threads. You can run an FL-1A on it if you have enough room.
smile.gif

Our minivans took the same filter; your choices in filter are almost endless.

Car is home and my wife is busy racking up the miles on it
grin.gif

I'll be cutting the Mopar filter when we do our first OCI, which will be before winter.

The grin on her face when we met as I was leaving and she was arriving today said it all. She's absolutely in love with this car. This makes me happy, because I know that means she'll be extra careful with it
smile.gif

Oh, and I misspoke when I mentioned the tires it was receiving. They were the Michelin Pilot A/S3's, not the A/S2's, which aren't even available in this size. They look fantastic on the car.

Re: MOPAR oil filters: remember that these are made in batches by the lowest bidder, & sometimes you may have nothing but an orange-can Fram with a different paint job. If it was my nice new-to-me Hemi Charger, I'd go with a Wix or maybe Motorcraft oil filter at the first oil change.

Nice that your wife likes it so much- now if she'll just let you drive it occasionally...
grin2.gif

The grin on her face when we met as I was leaving and she was arriving today said it all. She's absolutely in love with this car. This makes me happy, because I know that means she'll be extra careful with it
smile.gif

I really do hope that this comes true for you.
I remember some of your posts that mentioned her inability to not hit things with the Expedition. Getting her into a smaller vehicle is a step in the right direction.

And the fact that this vehicle can be an enjoyable driving experience is a bonus.
Hopefully the both of you like it better than that Subaru (I can't see why not).

BC.

The A/S3's, our initial impressions are that they are excellent! Ride quality is fantastic compared to the Hankook's they replaced (which were quite worn, so that may have had some impact on their comfort).

Sorry for the washed-out photo:

PilotAS301.jpg

I'll make a thread on them once we have some miles on them and I can comment on their wet performance and the like.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
smile.gif

I really do hope that this comes true for you.
I remember some of your posts that mentioned her inability to not hit things with the Expedition. Getting her into a smaller vehicle is a step in the right direction.

And the fact that this vehicle can be an enjoyable driving experience is a bonus.
Hopefully the both of you like it better than that Subaru (I can't see why not).

BC.

Yeah, I remember making those posts, they represented the reality of the situation with the Expedition quite accurately unfortunately. That said, she's been good in this car (so far) and parking miles from anybody. She seems to be doing better parking it than the truck, which is a bit odd, as it is a big car.

We both like it a LOT better than the Subaru. The subie had that nice turbo sound to it and the interior was well put together, but the ride quality between the two vehicles isn't even close to being comparable. The interior on the Charger is much more spacious (minus the fact it lacks the back section) with more room for the kids, much nicer seats...etc. And the "HEMI" has its own growl which is just as intoxicating as the turbo whine. The fact it gets better fuel economy despite weighing more than 4,000lbs is just the icing on the cake.

The fact it gets better fuel economy despite weighing more than 4,000lbs is just the icing on the cake.

An amazing fact considering the available torque at your command...

Originally Posted By: exranger06
So what ever happened to that BMW 3 Series you had?

After I replaced the throttle body and it was running OK, we sold it to a friend of my wife's friend. He had the remaining stuff fixed on it and it is now his girlfriend's DD.

The car was too small internally to cart the kids around with their car seats so it sat a lot until we sold it.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
OE is a 225/60R18. I have also seen 235/55R18.

Right, the 235 is apparently the perf pack in '06. Mine has 235s, which is why I asked.

Originally Posted By: cp3
What size are those?

This car has the Road/Track Performance Group package on it which comes with 235/55-18's, so that is what is on there. That package also includes some other stuff.

So I was at the dealer doing some computer stuff tonight and decided to hook the car up and check the Chrysler software to see if there were any updates for the modules. There were 5.

1. PCM -> Addressed a few issues with EGR and codes as well as an update for improper viscosity detected (thought that one was neat!)

2. FCMCGW -> Don't remember what this one was. Only addressed one thing.

3. SCM -> Sunroof control module update for phantom power draw when key off.

4. AMP -> Update to address distortion at high volumes/high bass

5. WCM -> Update to TPMS for winter tires with no sensors.

Originally Posted By: Garak
5. WCM -> Update to TPMS for winter tires with no sensors.

What do they do with that? Can the dealer disable TPMS up here?
wink.gif

Basically, it detects if you don't have the sensors hooked up and then you only get the warning one for 24Km/1-cycle of the key. Then, when you put the rims/tires that have the sensors back on, you get a warning that it is connected.

Previously you were just perpetually warned that the sensors were not present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back