Check Engine Light ... but no codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ted s
light on or light not functional is automatic failure in nys

I spoke to my mechanic about it - according to him, if he plugs in the computer and it retrieves no codes and sees all of the monitors are up, it's happy.

I guess he sees it quite a bit on Chrysler products. They set the check engine light for no reason.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Originally Posted By: ted s
light on or light not functional is automatic failure in nys

I spoke to my mechanic about it - according to him, if he plugs in the computer and it retrieves no codes and sees all of the monitors are up, it's happy.

I guess he sees it quite a bit on Chrysler products. They set the check engine light for no reason.

That's funny, VW's like to set the light too. But it always has a code... I remember one time it reported an "implausible" reading. Well, if it wasn't likely, then how did it read it? ha!

I got a strange code the other night on my Hyundai. It was for fuel level circuit error. I blame it on the solar flare.

I wish it were like that here!

No you don't because as we can surely prove that people do not maintain vehicles properly.

Imagine the car with seized suspension bouncing down the highway or a CV shaft whose bearings dies 40k ago. Bald tires showing steel cord.

I don't agree with some emissions crud from time to time but safety inspections on the whole are needed.

Brakes, lights, wipers is no where near enough.

Originally Posted By: Thermo1223
I wish it were like that here!

No you don't because as we can surely prove that people do not maintain vehicles properly.

Imagine the car with seized suspension bouncing down the highway or a CV shaft whose bearings dies 40k ago. Bald tires showing steel cord.

I don't agree with some emissions crud from time to time but safety inspections on the whole are needed.

Brakes, lights, wipers is no where near enough.

It's like that in NY as well.

Check engine light off? Good to go!

You have a bad ball joints and a sloppy wheel bearing? Good to go! Oh, wait, there's some transmission fluid on your steering stabilizer, Fail!

I'd like to see safety inspections and not this asinine emission inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back